• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Cherokee Sport

dart70LA

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
SOLD - 1999 Cherokee Sport

Sold on Craigslist - 14.5K

This Jeep is not for the do it yourselfer, it is for your brother in law who doesn't know the box end from the open end of a wrench. But he still wants to get his own toy and try to hang with you because you are so much cooler than he is. Keep that in mind when you are choking on the price that I am asking for my Jeep. It is not for you, it is for your friend/family member.

Pictures and full ad are on Craigslist(link at bottom)

99 Jeep Cherokee Sport XJ 64,000 Original Miles $15,000.00
4.0L, Automatic Transmission w/ Montana Fab AW4 Override Switch in dash
4.56 Gears with ARB Lockers front and Rear, G2 Diff Covers
High Pinon Dana 30 Front with Yukon SpinFree hubs, Dana ball joints, 3 years old
Dana 44 Rear with Teraflex disc brake conversion
NP231 Transfer Case, Teraflex 2-Low kit, Slip Yoke Eliminator(not hack’n’tap) custom driveshafts from East County Driveline.
Rubicon Express Springs 4.5-5” Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks(Front 1.5 years, Rear .5 years Old)
Rubicon Express Drop Brackets, RE trackbar, trackbar bracket and frame reinforcement
Rubicon Express Braided Stainless Steel brake lines
Iron Rock Offroad Adjustable Lower Control Arms, RE Adjustable Upper Control Arms
Currie Currectlync steering
JKS Quicker Sway Bar Disconnects(front, sway bar deleted in rear)
Napier Precision Flat Fender Flares
AJs Offroad Armor Super Rock Rails, Stinky Fab Transfer Case crossmember/skid, DPG Offroad Fuel Tank Skid
JKS Front Frame Rail reinforcement welded inside and out on both passenger and driver side
Dirtbound Manta Ray winch bumper with Smittybilt XRC9500, Custom Splice double braid synthetic winch rope and hawse fairlead
Dirtbound Mojave tire carrier bumper
15x7 aluminum wheels(pro comp or American racing)
33x10.50r15 BF Goodrich AT KO2 (less than 1000 miles)
JW Speaker 8900 Evolution 2 Heated LED Headlights
Raingler Cargo Net

Homemade Hood Vents and Covers

Roadmaster Tow Bar Brackets for removable tow bar and tow bar
Brake Buddy Stealth Braking System

Currently has a leak on front driver axle seal. I intend to replace both seals prior to sale/transfer, but I can skip it and shave a bit from the price.

Body Condition: Scrape on right/left rear quarter panels by lights, rear hatch has a dent from backing into a cliff in Utah, passenger side roof rail above the passenger door creased from winch rope(better a crease than the alternative flop damage)

I have a brand new set of RCV axles and Timken Unit bearings. I can swap them in place of the Yukon hubs and axles for an extra $1000. (cost me $1500)

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/santee-1999-jeep-cherokee-sport/7378062070.html

Last edited:
I will pay $100 to anyone who refers the vehicle to a friend or family member and that referral leads to the sale.

Hey Charles,

I'm helping a friend look for a rig and yours seemed like about the right build level. I know it's gone, but are you will to share what it went for? Trying to determine if my friend's 7-10k budget is reasonable.

Thanks
-Joel (aka Frijolee)

Back