• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector swap questions

CromeY90

NAXJA Forum User
ok so after reading almost every thread on the subject and sub threads i still am not clear on this i obviously dont want the stock injectors on my renix due to i dont want a fire, so my questions are what vehicles can i get the 19lb injecotrs out of so its a direct swap in and out on my 89 4.0 motor? any help on clearifying this subject would be awesome because i couldn't find sufficient enough on here to get a direct answer for this as i would like to get the injectors from the junkyard this next weekend and would like to know exactly what i need and what i dont need thanks in andvance

id like to get new but budget says pick and pull for now so i need to know where i can yank them out of

5.0 mustang with the all yellow injectors. i got mine off ebay for 30$+shipping for 8. they work great. basically any ford 19# injector should do the trick.

Injector chart:

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt41/orygunordnance/XJinjectorpictures.jpg

Not pictured are the 19 lb orange top-silver bottom and the "stick" style yellow version.

With the "stick" style make sure you avoid the real late model injectors with the EV6 type connector--like the green 19 lb stick.

You want the Bosch disc-type injectors with 4-hole "nozzle" rather than a single pintle.

Partial list of Ford injectors:

12's - Gold top
14's - Blue Top - E3EE-BA ( Low Impedance )
14's - Gray top -
16's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
17's - Creme/white top ( Low Impedance )
19's - White - E6EE-AB ( Low Impedance )
19's - Orange/Yellow top -
19's - Gold
19's - Yellow/Black and Orange/Silver
21's - Lavender - ( EV6 )
22's - Pink top ( EV6 )
23's - Black - E4EX-BA ( Low Impedance )
24's - Light bluish/gray top -
25's - Blue/Green -
25's - Light blue ( EV6 )
30's - Dark Red top -
30's - Green - E3ZE-BA ( Low Impedance )
35's - Brown top ( Low Impedance ) -
36's - Cobalt blue top ( sometimes silver )
37's - Green- E3VE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
39's - Blue ( EV6 ) ( thin style ) -
42's - Lime Green top -
46's - Blue - EOSE-A1A ( Low Impedance )
52's - Gray - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
56's - Blue - E43E-AC ( Low Impedance )
64's - Green - E53E-AB ( Low Impedance )
150's - Bright Orange top ( Low Impedance )

Last edited:
Just FYI: low impedance injectors are like 2-4 ohms and high impedance injectors are 12-16 ohms. Jeeps use high impedance injectors(you wouldn't want to blow out the pcm).

so as long as i have a 19# out of a ford ill be ok but the yellow top ones are idea because of the 4 hole spray correct i dont wanna buy the wrong one because that would piss me off:)

so as long as i have a 19# out of a ford ill be ok but the yellow top ones are idea because of the 4 hole spray correct i dont wanna buy the wrong one because that would piss me off:)

My orange top/silver bottom fat-bodied Ford 19 lb injectors are the Bosch disc-type with a 4-hole nozzle.

You don't want the earlier generation with the single pintil.

I tried this swap this past weekend using the correct Bosch Mustang injectors (4 pintle). My truck ran like *&( after the swap (miss, backfire, chugging, etc) and I had no choice but to reinstall the OE Bendix/Deka injectors. The Bosch injectors had been cleaned, tested, & rebuilt (supposedly). I cleaned and epoxied the seams on the Deka injectors so the potential leakage issue should be resolved.
The Bosch injectors were a direct transplant but the patient rejected them. Still haven't found an assignable cause but at least the truck runs ok with the old injectors.

I tried this swap this past weekend using the correct Bosch Mustang injectors (4 pintle). My truck ran like *&( after the swap (miss, backfire, chugging, etc) and I had no choice but to reinstall the OE Bendix/Deka injectors. The Bosch injectors had been cleaned, tested, & rebuilt (supposedly). I cleaned and epoxied the seams on the Deka injectors so the potential leakage issue should be resolved.
The Bosch injectors were a direct transplant but the patient rejected them. Still haven't found an assignable cause but at least the truck runs ok with the old injectors.

What specific injectors did you get?

Did you contact the vendor?

Did you measure the resistance?

so ideally i want the orange top/silver bottom what did those come in that would be in an auto wrecker yard or are they just out of the mustangs?

orange/silver, yellow/black fat bodies, yellow or gold stick type like you posted earlier, found in Ford vehicles 3.8 L V6~V8s, anything up to and including F350 vans.

oh ok so those four types have the four nozzles which is what i want so whats the difference between fat bodied and not and as long as i get one of those four types and they are new enough to have the four ports they are a direct swap in?

Back