NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 24th, 2018, 11:01
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on ordering a set of PRP daily drivers for my xj. My question is who all is running PRPs in their xj? Anyone running the +2 widths? Do they fit in a 97+? What did yall do for mounting brackets? PRPs mounting brackets are $55 a piece. Is $110 worth not messing with mounting them? I haven't been able to find a pic of the mounting bracket so idk what they look like to see how hard they would be to make. Thanks in advance
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:32
NAXJA Member

Re: PRP seats

Watch the width. I had a rugged ridge (I think) seat in mine and it was a tight fit against the center console. and are the brackets XJ specific?
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:50
NAXJA Member

Yes I called them and they still offer the 97+ xj seat brackets. Just not listed on their website
Old January 24th, 2018, 13:29
NAXJA Member

I put a pair in mine in July. The wide ones will be an issue. It would not be hard to make brackets for them although I just bought their's. The seats have four tabs that stick straight down. The mounting brackets are just two L brackets with the wholes in the right place.
Old January 24th, 2018, 14:23
NAXJA Forum User

I've been googling for XJ seats for a couple years now and these never came up. Are they worth the price?
Old January 24th, 2018, 16:48
NAXJA Member

PRP is prolly worth the price. they are nice.
Not to completely hijack, but has anyone put TJ seats in a 2dr? that was my biggest issue with the RR seat is it didn't fold forward very far.
Old January 24th, 2018, 18:02
Mostly Harmless

I would love to see some detailed pics of the install of a pair of PRP seats.
Old January 24th, 2018, 19:28
NAXJA Member

@dajudge you went with daily drivers? Do you have or could you snap a pic of the mounting brackets and a pic of the seats in your jeep? I can get away with regular width, (I sat in a buddies lj with daily drivers) but the wide ones would fit my rear end better.
Old January 25th, 2018, 13:33
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

I've got standard width daily drivers in my Jeep and they're pretty snug... Not sure the +2" width would fit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old January 25th, 2018, 18:31
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthelegend View Post
I've got standard width daily drivers in my Jeep and they're pretty snug... Not sure the +2" width would fit.

Ok then I'm not trying to cram in wide ones. Thanks. What did you do for mounting brackets? Any pics?
Old January 25th, 2018, 21:08
NAXJA Member

I pulled the trigger on a custom pair of their daily driver high back seats. I bought some pre-fabbed brackets awhile back from Blondjon. I should be getting the seats in ~3 weeks (they said 2-4 weeks to build/make and i ordered them about 8 days ago). I WILL be posting some detailed pics of the install in my build thread. I will snap some pics of the brackets that Blondjon made, they are sitting out in my workshop. $110 doesn't seem too bad of a price though for both brackets, might not be worth building some.

When you want to be someone you drive a lifted JK, when you already know who you are you drive an old XJ.
Old January 25th, 2018, 21:36
PSR Fire Marshall

I put Daily Drivers in my '95 two door. At first, I thought they didn't have enough side bolster. But, they are very comfortable on long drives, and quite supportive offroad. The lower bolsters make it easy to get into a lifted XJ. I also ordered their adjustable seat brackets. I think the package is well worth the money.

The previous owner made a mess of the seat brackets, so the mounting to the floor is custom. I'm probably too lazy to post pictures, but PM me if you need some.

I bought the standard (not 2+) seats. It's a snug fit for sure. I can't have the seat flipped forward, and easily close the door. I have the full armrest / door pull handle combo, and they interfere with the seat back in the flipped forward position.

David Bricker / SYR
Gomer - '95 XJ, 2 dr. 4.6L Russ Pottenger Stroker; Novak TJ AX-15; Black Box 2.72:1 + 241OR 4:1; RockJock 60 Front, hydro assist, Hi-steer; D60 trussed and shaved rear; 4.56 ARB Front and Rear; Black Magic discs, Bilstein 7100s front and rear; 35s; PRP seats; Warn PowerPlant winch, hybrid cage. Annd, the Faux Dorkle is gone.
National Treasurer 2013-2019
Not a member? Become one today, and help support YOUR club.
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:33
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrog View Post
I pulled the trigger on a custom pair of their daily driver high back seats. I bought some pre-fabbed brackets awhile back from Blondjon. I should be getting the seats in ~3 weeks (they said 2-4 weeks to build/make and i ordered them about 8 days ago). I WILL be posting some detailed pics of the install in my build thread. I will snap some pics of the brackets that Blondjon made, they are sitting out in my workshop. $110 doesn't seem too bad of a price though for both brackets, might not be worth building some.
Awesome! Keep me posted on how long it takes and such. And if you could post or send me pics of the mounts that would be greatly appreciated. That sucks about the up to 4 week wait. I guess if I'm shooting to have these things in by winterfest I need to get them ordered asap then.
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:35
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Bricker View Post
I put Daily Drivers in my '95 two door. At first, I thought they didn't have enough side bolster. But, they are very comfortable on long drives, and quite supportive offroad. The lower bolsters make it easy to get into a lifted XJ. I also ordered their adjustable seat brackets. I think the package is well worth the money.

The previous owner made a mess of the seat brackets, so the mounting to the floor is custom. I'm probably too lazy to post pictures, but PM me if you need some.

I bought the standard (not 2+) seats. It's a snug fit for sure. I can't have the seat flipped forward, and easily close the door. I have the full armrest / door pull handle combo, and they interfere with the seat back in the flipped forward position.

David Bricker / SYR
Pm in bound. Thanks. I'm all about getting lots of ideas on different ways guys do things. Keeps my option open
Old January 26th, 2018, 06:17
NAXJA Member

PRP seats

My factory sliders were hacked up from a previous custom seat install so I built all new mounts from scratch and just used some universal sliders on the driver's side. The passenger side is fixed. I'll take some pictures this weekend, apparently I don't have any saved.