• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lamp socket source

Tucker

NAXJA Forum User
I have one corroded rear lamp socket, and another that is missing the spade connector (looks like the previous owner or shop ripped it out) ... a thread search shows that at least one person has found these things in the aftermarket, but doesn't say where.

I've googled my brains raw trying to find one and I give. I'm close to taking it to the dealer, because I also have a broken wire somewhere between the wiring harness connector in the rear quarter panel and the sockets themselves.

So.... two questions...

Does anybody know where I can find aftermarket lamp sockets? As most of you know, these things are keyed to the lamp bezel. I suppose I could get one from a boneyard, but its *really* hot out (well into triple digits) and picking through acres of cars for a lamp socket is not worth the few $$$ that these things should cost.

Does anybody know whether I can get a segment of the wiring harness from DC? The segment where the broken wire is can be replaced easier than running a new wire or finding the break in the existing wire. Again, these things can be had virtually for the asking from the boneyard but see above.

TIA!

Wiring harnesses are, for the most part, a dealer-only item, until you get into antique and classic restoration, where aftermarket guys make reproductions.

Your best bet, in terms of cost effectiveness, it the bone yard. And yes, I know all about traipsing around a pile of dead Jeeps in 110 degree weather here in Phoenix. Just bring your big brimmed hat, and a BIG cooler of water. (I wear a "camelback" on these little forays..........)

Back