• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 sensor brands?

Always had success with Napa/Bosch

After having worked in a chain store and checking the difference between parts, on sensors for engines, your best bet is going with an OEM brand. Whether you go to the stealership, or online, I have had trouble with Bosch sensors in every vehicle I have owned. The worst was a 1990 Honda Accord 4cyl, that when the sensor was put in, the check engine light came back on, and subsequently the fuel mileage went down. Upon further research, I found that the tolerances on the OEM ones are within the specs of the engine computers. Thus when I went to the stealership and bought the $30-40 higher part, I then installed it, had no check engine light, and the fuel mileage went back to where it was when the first one went bad. That's just my take on it, but from my experience and research, the Bosch units are within a range, but not as tight as the OEM ones are.

HTH,

Jeff

It is my understanding that Bosch invented and made the Renix OEM O2 sensors, and that is what I bought 4 years ago for my 87 Wagoneer. The 89 is still running the OEM 89 O2 sensor on the 89 Cherokee, with about !24,000 miles now (Bosch).

Back