• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buzz Kill

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
Im sitting here drinking my screwdriver...nummy nums and watching "Intervention" on A&E, Irony?
This show is the biggest buzz kill of all time haha... Just thought id throw that out there. But its like a train wreck, hard to look at but i cant turn my eyes away......ill stick with Vodka tho. no pills or needles or smokin bathtub battery acid stupidity for this guy...Still... ITS KILLIN MY BUZZ... Guess ill live with it.

And people wonder why I don't watch a lot of TV...

M*A*S*H reruns, the two Stargate series, and some CSI are about it for me - I enjoy the writing especially for CSI.

Most of the rest is little more than junk food for the mind, and insulting to anyone with an above-average IQ. The "sitcoms" we've got now are not much more than spending a half-hour to an hour "waiting for the punchline," with no payoff. No, thanks.

Oh - and "reality" TV? I get enough reality during the day - if I turn on the TV, it's because I want to forget reality for a while. Besides, most of those situations are hideously contrived as well. I don't think so.

5-90

5-90 said:
And people wonder why I don't watch a lot of TV...

M*A*S*H reruns, the two Stargate series, and some CSI are about it for me - I enjoy the writing especially for CSI.

Most of the rest is little more than junk food for the mind, and insulting to anyone with an above-average IQ. The "sitcoms" we've got now are not much more than spending a half-hour to an hour "waiting for the punchline," with no payoff. No, thanks.

Oh - and "reality" TV? I get enough reality during the day - if I turn on the TV, it's because I want to forget reality for a while. Besides, most of those situations are hideously contrived as well. I don't think so.

5-90

Agreed,
I have about 20 channels here on my 13 inch TV. A&E is the only one worth watching. I dont want to pay for digital cable, otherwise id would be History channel about 90 percent of the time. And MASH!!! i am with ya.well that, Star trek TNG, If i can find any off roading shows or car stuff. thats good too but TV is making a nation of numb numbs

DAMNIT!! and a i cruise past the channels because the aforementioned sucked...i see what else, the Terminator...SWEET!!!!
But guess what, its on a MEXICAN channel!!!!!! DAMNIT!@!! i cant understand whats happenin. We have at least 3 of these here. its annoying...

I'm stargate, dr who, battlestar and csi lv and miami, I also like NCIS and 2 and a half men [mainly for the ditzy broads] but it actually is funny. " I know you can't be glad to see me so we'll chalk it up to a morning woody"....:laugh3: :laugh3:

No, a buzz kill is the following:

You just finish listening to a bunch of boring speeches at your building's dedication. Mind you, this is a state of the art building that you have been working on for the past 2 years.

You and your fellows are sitting at the bar across the street when you get a call saying that there are people stuck in your #1 elevator....in your state of the art building....during the dedication tours....with your boss and several legislators attending.

The buzzkill occurs when you are running the 1/2 mile back to the building, while trying to find some gum, and simultaneously dodge University traffic.

Fergie

PS- Scrubs, Heroes and anything H, TLC or Disco does it for me.

a1collier said:
damn wally,we must be twins cause it's history channel 90%,M*A*S*H 5% and outdoor channel 5%.
Oh yeah they might as well call it the "Mens" channel. Nothing like watching WWII ..24/7

Want Buzzkill? Watch THESE fawkers!

2d2927b.jpg

M*A*S*H kicks arse, NCIS, CSI, Battlestar, any and all Star Trek, Rat Patrol anyone remember that one? Combat, Lost, Heroes, and of course 24...

Back