• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP 242

GravyDavey

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a 21 spline NP 242 that came out of my 88. It needs to be rebuilt, not shifting and probably a stretched chain too. Its free, but a trade for a useful part would be cool.

If you still have it next time I swing back through San Diego I would be interested in it. I have been thinking about converting one of my XJs to full time FWD for the sake of Varmints learning to drive in the snow.

Don't hold it for me though. I have no idea when I am going to be back down that way. I might make it to AAT in August, but that's not quite to San Diego.

Two wheel drive and locked in the rear is the way to learn to drive in the snow.

Might see him once every 80 days?

That would certainly cut my food bill.

If I don't put him in the Jeep then it is a '90 Chevy 3/4 ton 2wd pickup with a TBI 350 and an SM465 stick. Truck has a really stout spring pack in the rear and a remarkably responsive throttle. With no weight in the rear that thing will get sideways real easy. I don't know that I want a teenage boy set up for that much fun right out of the gate. I know what I would have done...

I agree. Spin control and correction are lessons for later in the curriculum.

Ha....you guys need to live a little. I was power sliding corners in a corvair with my mom when I only had a permit.:roflmao:

Back