• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ's Big Boy Stage II

What did you have to cut/modify to get the Atlas in?

Not too much of the Jeep in reality. I had to cut some of the floor and pull it back but that’s about it. Most of the trimming had to come out of the crossmember to make it fit.. I don’t have any photos of that.

9c9509bf5bc8bc67b5a51db9a730189f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got the Jeep back last week. Seats are end for the most part.. we missed a weld so I’m taking back Friday to get that burnt so I can finally mount the passenger. I have got the driver side in and harnesses readjusted and still have to adjust the harnesses for the passenger side once it’s in.. limit straps are also in and set. And I also started on my new bumpstops. I rounded some bar stock and welded it in. Next I’m gonna find something I can build up the bottom.

fd7b24a5f691120d5db08aaf5f6c697e.jpg

7368906ebf3cc3d41674f4d24b42f804.jpg

92bb5c7bb5dabafdf254ce3d936fdd72.jpg

4bbcbdc373dc1bab3b05c27e49ec0856.jpg

589e74c74fe39544cff92c33fc29c19c.jpg

7a5200eb8d9c091b50282fe481070e02.jpg

49b4ff06fcda699d5eae63c34b311736.jpg

Looking good. What seats are those?

More to add.. New rockers and supports are all welded in. Front is pretty much done for now. Atlas is in permanently and new shifters hooked up and set up. Need to bend one of them them cause it was a TJ kit I found used and I don’t like how the shifters are bent. Ordered a Raddesign winters shifter which showed up today along with a Goatbuilt winters mount. Actually pretty excited about the new fitment of it all. Puts the shifter right where I want it. Hopefully gonna get that all installed and working this weekend. I’m also hoping my rear crossmember shows up sometime soon so I can get started on that.

971bb695d5f6992b97bdfc0d6d84772c.jpg

75288b958d785ff604af942eb0f8c200.jpg

this thing is awesome hahaha, are there any videos of her eating rock's n mud?

Yeah, they're on his instagram but he only has the 37? inch treps instead of the 42s. Neutral drops the $h!t outta that AW4. His @ is zachhnelson.

Lol yeah they mostly on my Instagram. Those were 40” treps I dropped it with haha not gonna lie a little curious to see if I’ll still be able to do it on the 42s but we’ll see!

Well got some done on the Cherokee today. Rear crossmember finally came in Thursday so that’s in just needs to get welded. Got all the old rear suspension out and the truss mocked in and axle kinda where I want it. Cut some out of the rear fenders for the coil overs. Just need to make a Barnes4wd order and make some links and it should be good to go. I also got my new shifter all hooked up today. Need to do a little mount adjustment cause now my seat doesn’t fit but it seems to shift find.

d5e9d290f4d6d16849af5d3d5477aa3d.jpg

626ddf5cdc837cfbf599ac3900318d57.jpg

So the Cherokee has been waiting for my last order to Barnes4wd to get finished up. Been hard lately to come up with the extra money, everywhere I turn something or someone is needing money. But I’m getting there. The truck, which has been hogging a lot of it, should be good for a little while and the Comanche is getting cut off after I fix the shifter which shouldn’t be much. I am however picking up a set of coilovers for the front this week. I know that money could go to fixing the rear but in the long run it’ll work out better. I am hoping to have it pretty freaking close by the end of the month if not early next. I did get my new trans shifter all hooked up ad mounted. I need to still wire it to the TCM. My cutting brake handle is mounted and needs to be plumbed. My atlas shifters are in and working as they should. All that’s really left to do is to weld in my rear crossmember, shorten my front driveshaft, plumb the cutting brake and build the links. After all of that I will take it over to my buddy’s place and bend up some front hoops for the front coilovers. Should be back on the trails after that! Hoping and praying all goes well and according to plan but I’m not too optimistic lol

848705be3a759f59bc8c1bc22b006750.jpg

Interested to see how your front coilovers end up. I am prepping my front for coilovers now. The hoops are going to displace a bunch of shit.

Interested to see how your front coilovers end up. I am prepping my front for coilovers now. The hoops are going to displace a bunch of shit.

Yeah though I'm picking this up this week I doubt I'll have them on before my first ride. I am really torn about how I want to do my hoops. I don't necessarily want stand alone hopes and want to some how tie them into my cage but try to come up with a design that works well, that isn't over kill and doesn't look stupid is becoming a challenge.

I'm in the same boat. Bought some hoops but master cylinder was in the way, made some hoops around the master but we're just way too big. So I'm on to plan c with a bar running across engine tying into my fenders and then have to figure out how to brace it all.

Yeah, I want one too, I like how the driving/fog lights are protected, winch placement, and I'd imagine a tube bumper is lighter than a plate steel bumper, good luck finding one

Okay so ordered the tube for the rear uppers today. Still need to order my lower heims. With school being done I can focus more on it this thing. Also helps I got rid of my Comanche. Traded it for a LJ that isn’t as much of a project so will not drain me of a whole lot hopefully. Gonna start getting all no money loose ends tied up this week and hopefully get my heims early next week. Then should be assembly time!

The LJ:
a3113a67782a1eb905db47486360dd20.jpg

Back