• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Purchase a junker?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I don't know if anyone noticed...but theres a craigslist ad for an XJ for $200 with a Dana 44, NP242, ect.

If it's legit that would be sick to pick up a Jeep with a Dana 44 for $200, but I think you need to be 18 to buy a car, right?

So who wants to pick me up a Dana 44!?
:banghead:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/car/762518117.html

You can buy a car whenever you want. No age limit.

I would check to see that it actually has a dana 44 first, but if you're looking for parts it seems like a good deal.

not bad my D44 cost me morte than that.

OD-XJ said:
You can buy a car whenever you want. No age limit.

RCW said:
RCW 46.12.260
Sale or transfer of motor vehicle ownership to person under eighteen prohibited.

It shall be unlawful for any person to convey, sell or transfer the ownership of any motor vehicle to any person under the age of eighteen: PROVIDED, That this section shall not apply to a vendor if the minor provides the vendor with a certified copy of an original birth registration showing the minor to be over eighteen years of age. Such certified copy shall be transmitted to the department of licensing by the vendor with the application for title to said motor vehicle.

[1979 c 158 § 135; 1969 ex.s. c 125 § 2.]

------------------

RCW 46.12.250
Ownership of motor vehicle by person under eighteen prohibited -- Exceptions.

It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of eighteen to be the registered or legal owner of any motor vehicle: PROVIDED, That RCW 46.12.250 through 46.12.270 shall not apply to any person who is on active duty in the United States armed forces nor to any minor who is in effect emancipated: PROVIDED further, That RCW 46.12.250 through 46.12.270 shall not apply to any person who is the registered owner of a motor vehicle prior to August 11, 1969 or who became the registered or legal owner of a motor vehicle while a nonresident of this state.

[1969 ex.s. c 125 § 1.]

Well darn, I stand corrected. Thanks Phil ;) I have never heard of that, obviously, but frankly I think its rediculous. I think all my cars were in my name starting around age 16.

Anyways....yes, its a good deal for parts.

OD-XJ said:
Well darn, I stand corrected. Thanks Phil ;) I have never heard of that, obviously, but frankly I think its rediculous. I think all my cars were in my name starting around age 16.

It's not to say that you CAN'T do it...you just can't do it LEGALLY. ;) Not many cases where a minor can legally enter a contract. Basic Business Law. When I read what you wrote I immediately thought, "Active duty military or emancipated minor are the only ones, right?" :)

I was just considering picking the thing up, but my parents are out of town.

No worries though, last thing I need is another car with more parts to worry about. I have plenty more things to do to my rig before I need to swap in a D44.

Muddy Beast said:
I was just considering picking the thing up, but my parents are out of town.

No worries though, last thing I need is another car with more parts to worry about. I have plenty more things to do to my rig before I need to swap in a D44.

just grab it and have your parents take the title to get it transfered

Back