• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple of questions

ncwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a '98 with a 3" superlift kit, I dont have any vibes (I know, strange) I want to add another 2 or so inches. If I go with a block and spacer, then put in a 2" tranny drop what are my chances of getting buy until I have $ for SYE? And yes I already know im going to need LCA's, brake lines, TB, and crap.

First of all I would go with shackle lift in the rear instead of the blocks. And what is with the 2" tranny/t-case drop your asking for trouble there, linkages will pull apart and it will just be a mess. If you have a 3" on there now get some pucks for the front and shackles for the rear, you will get some vibes ( I am sitting at about 5" with only a 1" t-case drop and no SYE ). You may burn through some U joints faster as well as leak fluid out of the slip yoke in the T-case. As long as you keep an eye on those things you should be fine for a while. Also think about shock lengths, brake lines, LCAs, and your trackbar.

ncwheeler said:
Ok, I have a '98 with a 3" superlift kit, I dont have any vibes (I know, strange) I want to add another 2 or so inches. If I go with a block and spacer, then put in a 2" tranny drop what are my chances of getting buy until I have $ for SYE? And yes I already know im going to need LCA's, brake lines, TB, and crap.

i ran a 3inch lift on my cherokee with 33's and a stock drivline no transfercase drop or anything and i have pounded on it and it was fine.

smallxj runs 35's on a 6inch lift with stock drivline and no SYE and transfercase drop kit and i know he best the crap out of his rig and its never been a problem for him

Back