• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after 12 hole injection upgrade

Ok guys little update I put in my warranty replacement 12 hole injectors today. Still bucks under load in 4th and idles with a miss. Neither of which happened after I put the original injectors back in earlier today.

So these did not work I my 98. In the meantime he sells 4 hole I injectors and I got some good advice here for injectors as well.

Injectors are a crucial part of a car and I drive my xj on very long road trips often. It is crucial that my new injectors are as reliable as the originals which I have never had an issue with. I will be looking into some of the recommendations above and doing some research over the next week.

I will make a final update with what I chose and how well they run in my jeep. Thanks to all that helped

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Long, long time later update:
So im actually selling these injectors off. People complain they dont work in Jeeps so I was planning on advertising them by spec, not for any specific vehicle.

I tracked the injectors down ignoring the ksuspension website all together. They are Bosch and the specs are only slightly different than oem aside from how the fuel is atomized with 12 holes vs single hole.

The specs are as followed:
43.5psi
22.8lb/hr
12 ohm

So im not entirely sure why they caused a miss at idle and bucking under load since 96+ used 49 psi and 21 lb/hr. Am I missing something here? Slapped the oem ones back in and it doesnt buck or miss at idle.

because they were designed for 4 valve heads, and instead of spraying fuel directly into the intake port, they spray it off to the sides (where two smaller intake valves would be) and make a mess.

or so i've heard. haven't wasted the money to test a set.

Long, long time later update:
So im actually selling these injectors off. People complain they dont work in Jeeps so I was planning on advertising them by spec, not for any specific vehicle.

I tracked the injectors down ignoring the ksuspension website all together. They are Bosch and the specs are only slightly different than oem aside from how the fuel is atomized with 12 holes vs single hole.

The specs are as followed:
43.5psi
22.8lb/hr
12 ohm

So im not entirely sure why they caused a miss at idle and bucking under load since 96+ used 49 psi and 21 lb/hr. Am I missing something here? Slapped the oem ones back in and it doesnt buck or miss at idle.

Those are going to flow 24.2 lbs/hr at 49psi. I'd wonder if they genuine Bosch, or fake chinese knockoffs that seem to be flooding eBay? Do they have an actual part number embossed in them? https://www.injectorsonline.com/us/blog/how-to-spot-fake-fuel-injectors-and-pumps/

K-suspension is peddling Chinese knock off injectors, I posted screenshots and proof. But the CLUBXJ kids laughed it off and said "but he has good customer service."
I believe you based on my experiance but could you link your proof here for future people that are doing homework on his injectors?

I recently installed genuine 12 holes and see little difference if any. my mpg has stayed the same and i'm hitting 12-14 around town which is normal, slight exhaust leak from header crack at collector. highway i can pull 20mpg all day. i think they're a waste of money for this engine.

I believe you based on my experiance but could you link your proof here for future people that are doing homework on his injectors?

s157808467826321046_p86_i1_w960.jpeg

Here's a picture of his injectors from this site. Notice how deep the bosch logo is stamped into the injector body?

https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p86/NEW:_4_Port_Upgraded_Fuel_Injectors.html

Fake-Bosch-440-fuel-injector.jpg

Notice how shallow the bosh logo is on the genuine injector?

0280156156.jpg

Same with this other genuine injector. You can also see how much cleaner the casting is.

I think this thread says it all. You really should go back and read it again, you were told several times about those injectors.

I think this thread says it all. You really should go back and read it again, you were told several times about those injectors.
I was told they wouldnt work. This is about WHY they wouldnt work. If he is truly ripping people off then let's get to the bottom of it.

That or buy directly from companies such as Bosch or a dealer. Which is what I'll likely do in time. I'm not in a rush to upgrade from stock

I've got a slightly used set of 0 280 156 007's(4-hole) that I put in before my stroker build if your interested.

This is also more strangeness. When the first set didnt work I was sent a second set. I now have 2 sets. Both are different colors and have a different spray pattern. I'll post pics

Back