• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else like the Godsmack cover of Good Times Bad Times

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
First let me say that I think that Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever. Their absolute demolition of the blues is just downright mind boggling but Godsmack played the hell out of that song. It feels kind of sacrilegious to say that about a Zeppelin song. Just wanted to get some other opinions.

I do not. A lot of bands need to leave the classics alone. Zeppelin is very overrated anyways. The only good Zep cover I have ever heard is Immigrant Song by Demons and Wizards. That cover is badass!!!

Cover bands suck period!Right your own music or find a different career!

I think it's awesome. Able to capture the original feel, but it's still uniquely Godsmack. Alot of covers looses the feel of the original in trying to style it their own, but this is true to the Zep version and is true to Godsmack.

But then like DrMoab, I like everything Godsmack.

Cover bands suck period!Right your own music or find a different career!

Oh and to mirror what was already said, Godsmack not cover band. Many bands that write plenty of their own music do the ocassional cover. Some are good, some suck.

I like the Godsmack cover but not more than the original. I think they honor Led Zep with out getting off base.

There are very few covers that can beat the original. The only two I can think of: Jimi Hendix - All Along The Watchtower (even Bob Dylan says he likes Jimi's better). Megadeth - Paranoid (this is a hard one to name. I absolutely love the Black Sabbath Original but I enjoy the song more when Megadeth plays it.)
Killswitch Engage's cover of Holy Diver is horrible. I'm sure they only meant to honor Dio but their version makes me change the radio to a country station for relief.

I still need to hear it. Although I consider Godsmack more or less radio friendly mallcore, they did a good job at Ozzfest and opening for Metallica a few years ago the 2x I've seen them.
I like the Holy Diver cover on the basis of it's own song, the video is hilarious(KS').

Tainted Love covered by Marilyn Manson is good too and fits him.

What do you guys thing of Cradle of Filth doing Temptation? AWESOME song on it's own and great video. Find the video for the original Temptation and you will cringe!!!

Nice to meet ya Metal Thrasher...I know Jester and I are some of the resident metal heads, glad to see more! \m/

i like both versions of holy diver, my fav cover is disturbeds cover of genesis "land of confusion"

wow the original temptation is horrid, thanks for introducing me to cradle of filth, theyre awesome!

Well, that guest singer who is hot, Dirty Harry isn't in the band, just a collaboration. Other good songs for the beginner==Nymphetamine, From the Cradle to Enslave

The do covers of Iron Maiden-Hallowed be they Name and an old Twisted Sister song.
Oh-Look up IN FLAMES. They covered Land of Confusion as well, but I don't like that song anyway, so I didn't care for any version, lol.

I do not. A lot of bands need to leave the classics alone. Zeppelin is very overrated anyways. The only good Zep cover I have ever heard is Immigrant Song by Demons and Wizards. That cover is badass!!!

Well thats your opinion. It just happens to be a stupid one! Zepplin is a great band and are NOT over rated. Godsmack did a good job of covering the song too

Back