• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where are these magical junkyards?

EvoColli

NAXJA Forum User
I see on here and other forums all the time that junkyards have 8.25 rear ends for around $100. Where are these junkyards? I have called no less than 5 this morning and they all want 500-550 for an 8.25!

theres a time and a place for an 29spl 8.25... ie, when you want it drop in.... cheap..... and dont want to look around all over town, the 8.25 is for you!

And don't even bother with the 8.25.
Might as well go with a 44 or 8.8.

theres a time and a place for an 29spl 8.25... ie, when you want it drop in.... cheap..... and dont want to look around all over town, the 8.25 is for you!

Yeah rick, come on. I've been running a full bodied fat XJ with 35's on a 8.25 for 5 years with not a single failure.

the rates are no mystery, whats a mystery is which stupid part they will try and charge you for, ever had a junkyard try to charge for brake pads when buying an axle? what about cores? no love for pick a part here.... ecology > pap aka little tijuana.

Yeah, i once bought a Turbo @ PAP and they were charging me for every little thing. Wastegate, pump, downpipe, etc etc.. bastards! Ecology is where i got my Dana44. they exist, just keep an eye out.

Every time I've gone to PAP they not only charged me for every little thing attached to the part but they were just pulling prices out of their a$$'s and copped an attitude too! I haven't been back in a long time. I need a stock front bumper for my 95 XJ but don't want to deal with those clowns.

Every time I've gone to PAP they not only charged me for every little thing attached to the part but they were just pulling prices out of their a$$'s and copped an attitude too! I haven't been back in a long time. I need a stock front bumper for my 95 XJ but don't want to deal with those clowns.

thatys why i steal from them..:p sometimes...

the rates are no mystery, whats a mystery is which stupid part they will try and charge you for, ever had a junkyard try to charge for brake pads when buying an axle? what about cores? no love for pick a part here.... ecology > pap aka little tijuana.
Down here Ecology ticks me off. They always charge me a ton of money for parts. PYP is a little better to me, although not by much. Neither yard has any newer XJs either.
That's why I've pretty much stopped working on my Jeep, every time I find a write-up on an upgrade or mod and I think I'll save money by hitting up the pick-n-pulls down here, the parts end up being a crapload of money.
I ran into a guy down in Ecology one time that found an XJ D44 and says they are pretty popular, says he got it from there complete for 60 bucks on their half off sale day, and that normally they are 120 bucks no matter what axle. I'd like to figure out how he does that, because usually they quote me for like 300 for an Exploder 8.8 axle I think.

you can try claiming the axle came out of a 'car'... not an 'suv'.... hardly a lie IMHO. maybe be nice? but dress up filthy? seems to work for the people around here. whatever you do, dont take nice tools... INSTANT GRINGO TAX if they see anything dewalt.
anyone who claims junkyard pricing is set in stone... well... i just cant think of a stupider comment to make then that... junkyard pricing is ANYTHING but set in stone...

My dana 44 came out of a station wagon.

It went into a station wagon too. ;)

Back