• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

If it's still leaking, you know you've got oil in it.

Meanwhile, it's been over 2 weeks that the garage door spring has been broke and on order. Can't wait to get my junk inside.

e06faca100105fbac512f8781876f787.jpg

Re: Re: Important

If it's still leaking, you know you've got oil in it.

Meanwhile, it's been over 2 weeks that the garage door spring has been broke and on order. Can't wait to get my junk inside.

e06faca100105fbac512f8781876f787.jpg
Just leave the keys in the Tahoe. I can give it a new home and get you some drive way space. Haha

the green xj had almost 300 would drip once an oil change until i got in the accident and the pinion hit the oil pan...oopsie. the new owners told me it was dumping more than a quart between changes now.

you need a wienerbox so you can bring two jeeps.
Tempting but we are actually saving up for a Tahoe or Yukon. Need a 3rd vehicle so that Suzi isn't driving the xj every day. That way I can do more mods to it and not have to worry about being done by Sunday evening.

Coil spring?

grab one or two of these type things http://www.blairwirerope.com/cableclamps.html
loosen the set screws on the spring
clamp the spring together.
spin the tube so the cables on each end are tight, throw some vice grips on it so the tube cant spin back.
give the spring seven full turns up (assuming its a 7 ft door)
tighten the set screws.

careful. those springs are a bitch if it lets go. broke my thumb once. you probably don't even need the 7 full turns, 5 might do but the door will be heavy as shit.

one more tip spray a strip of paint across the spring before twisting it that way you can count your turns easier.

Tempting but we are actually saving up for a Tahoe or Yukon. Need a 3rd vehicle so that Suzi isn't driving the xj every day. That way I can do more mods to it and not have to worry about being done by Sunday evening.
You need to talk to me.
Coil spring?

grab one or two of these type things http://www.blairwirerope.com/cableclamps.html
loosen the set screws on the spring
clamp the spring together.
spin the tube so the cables on each end are tight, throw some vice grips on it so the tube cant spin back.
give the spring seven full turns up (assuming its a 7 ft door)
tighten the set screws.

careful. those springs are a bitch if it lets go. broke my thumb once. you probably don't even need the 7 full turns, 5 might do but the door will be heavy as shit.

one more tip spray a strip of paint across the spring before twisting it that way you can count your turns easier.
It's a torsion spring, with "easy set" do-hickies. Special springs that are not in stock anywhere and cost more.

Straight up called my boss a pu$$y over text tonight. Monday should be interesting....been drinking

took the new xj on a 5 hour road trip last night...have to work in NYC the next week and a half so i am parking it at my buddies upstate to do some things to it. ran excellent the whole way...got good mileage. i would guess 20-21, but i haven't done the math yet since i haven't filled it back up. still having some weird issues, but slowly the bugs are getting worked out. maybe some of ya'll can figure out whats up. perodically i am getting a transmission range sensor code...when that happens the tranny won't shift into OD and won't lock up the torque converter. it only happens when you stop and shut the jeep off...when you start it back up, then about 50% it won't recognize the sensor. shutting off the jeep, clearing the code and unplugging and re plugging the tcu and NSS takes care of it every time. Last night I drove 40 minutes with no issues...stopped and got gas and when I started back on the expressway, i had no OD...pulled over used the above steps and then drove with OD for the next 4 hours and 20 minutes.

i'm trying to find the FSM procedure for aligning the NSS since my reverse lights appear to be dead...all i can find are write ups that involve putting the jeep in reverse and setting the switch based on that.

also...the gauges were indeed the key fob circuit board in the dome light....weird

alt "sorry for tech in important" rocker1
What's the year?

if he is then you have nothing to worry about monday...

Back