• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

took the new xj on a 5 hour road trip last night...have to work in NYC the next week and a half so i am parking it at my buddies upstate to do some things to it. ran excellent the whole way...got good mileage. i would guess 20-21, but i haven't done the math yet since i haven't filled it back up. still having some weird issues, but slowly the bugs are getting worked out. maybe some of ya'll can figure out whats up. perodically i am getting a transmission range sensor code...when that happens the tranny won't shift into OD and won't lock up the torque converter. it only happens when you stop and shut the jeep off...when you start it back up, then about 50% it won't recognize the sensor. shutting off the jeep, clearing the code and unplugging and re plugging the tcu and NSS takes care of it every time. Last night I drove 40 minutes with no issues...stopped and got gas and when I started back on the expressway, i had no OD...pulled over used the above steps and then drove with OD for the next 4 hours and 20 minutes.

i'm trying to find the FSM procedure for aligning the NSS since my reverse lights appear to be dead...all i can find are write ups that involve putting the jeep in reverse and setting the switch based on that.

also...the gauges were indeed the key fob circuit board in the dome light....weird

alt "sorry for tech in important" rocker1

if Jenny tells you no...I know you will listen....

Cheese "listen to momma" Man

Just saw blue man group in Chicago. Pretty sweet show!

Are you there for the IMTS? I was down yesterday and have about 8 demo's coming up by me in the next month or two. The booth with the dancing girls who gave out the glasses of Stella Artois made my train ride back to Milwaukee a lot more interesting..

Good morning jeepers!

Friday!!!!

Handing my jeep keys over to the service desk this morning. with school, work, family time, and homework, i cant find the time to put this AC delete pulley and belt on. im getting tired of driving my wife's dumb Saturn so guess ill have them do it.

as i type this...if the oil pressure gauge drops significantly when applying a hard brake, are we thinking oil pressure sending unit?
may have them take a look at that also while its in there.

Back