• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

results of the 4/3 run

bugman1964

NAXJA Forum User
Well the mud made for a ninteresting run the things i learned
Tow hooks on the front are a must even if you drive mostly on the street(more on this in a second)
Wrangler hap tires really suck the hp stand for Heaping Piles of ......
And body pannels dont much care for guard rail posts...

The run up left hand canyon wasnt to bad regarless of the mud.Im a complete stocker with the original hp tires on it and i didnt have to many problems were going through a bunch of camel backs and one caught my hitch just a bit.Then we hit a trail head area nad headed onPretty mild wheeling one pretty good off camber area that got really interesting with the sway bars hooked up.So we headed up to a place we wouldnt be able to make it around and we headed back got a little rock rash on the r/f fender not to big of a deal a little rock wounds is ok with me. kept cruizing back and
this is where it got interesting .We Came around a down hill corner and were going across a flat area with deep slick mud my wranlger hp's were out matched.Started fish tailing all over the place and my r/f tire got sucked into
a rut which pulled my xj right towards the cliff luckily there was a gurad wire up un luckily my fender slid right into one of theposts :bawl: .Pushing it in right in front of the door so now my pass door wont open all the way.Then we broke out the tow strap nd off course i didnt find any tow hooks this week so i was hook less.So we had to wrap it around my axle luckily i wasnt stuck so there wasnt much force on the axle and i just have a scratch on my impact trim from the guard rail.So it wasnt to bad jus trealized i need to spend soem cash soon for up grades...Surprisingly the wife wasnt mad about the minor damage now i just gotta go get the fender pulled back out

Any thing you want to add john?

Jacob
01 limited

worthless.gif

Glad y'all made it back okay

:clap: Yea, pix; I wanna see what I missed out on.... :gee:

Jacob and I both fell into the "I though I knew how wide my XJ was" category up above on FR 268...one thing that really stinks about having body colored fender flares....but at least those are plastic so no future rust... the slip and slide part of the trip where Jacob's wranger HP's really shown could have been alot more exciting if the FS hadn't blocked off the area with posts and cables.

just had the dent pulled by my body at the body shop so other than the rock rash and the gueard rail leaving a scrape on the impact trim im back to normal :yelclap:

Back