• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which is the correct Flexplate?

90XJay

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So my 00 4.0 (cali emissions) aw4 DD has a suspected cracked flexplate. I want to get this swapped out in one day as it is my commuter. When looking at flex plates at both advance auto and rock auto, ATP shows 2 different plates for an auto. a .02 difference in diameter and one is "with weight" and one isn't. I want to get the new one in my hands before I pull the old one but either way I am waiting on shipping. I didn't think there were any differences in flexplates minus different years. Didn't run into this with my 90. Should I order both and return the one that doesn't match up? I searched a bunch here, asked a few mechanics and some friends at junkyards and even asked Ken but haven't come up with a definite answer of what the two are specifically for. I just get the different flexplates for different years. Thanks for any help.

converter_zpsogleif9y.jpg

:edit:
if you click the direct link that dumb photobucket water mark comes off
https://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p796/ramarjay21/converter_zpsogleif9y.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't already compare your prices to rock auto I recommend it. Most of the times parts stores are selling the same parts as rockauto only they mark them up ridiculously. I go by brands and model numbers. That same Flexplate sells for almost $50 in store. I started comparing everything when a local parts stores quoted me nearly $80 for my heater core hoses. They were about $12 on rock auto. I do understand they have a storefront and people to pay to be there (I work retail, i get it) but the amount of mark up is obscene at times. I just am trying to figure out why this manufacturer makes for the same application or if there is some option/reason you may need one over the other?

flexplate_zpsdwfmmja9.png

Back