• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek run

Jump This

Just another minion!
Karstic asked me to find three of us to represent NAXJA on a Forest Service run through Holcomb Creek (this trail has been closed for the last couple of years.)
If you can make it up to Big Bear this Sunday and have a fully capable rig to run one of Big Bear's toughest trails let me know.

We can only have three rigs, but you can have as many co-pilots that you want.

Post up here is you want to go.
If there is more than three I'll pick who gets to go (bribes accepted.)

:D

Hey Rick,

I would very much like to participate in the run on Sunday.

I think my rig is capable enough. 5" lift, 33" BFG MTs, 4.56 gears, Locked front & Rear, and a cup holder.. :D

Thanks,
E

fack! im gonna be there tomorrow..... well, in big bear, not running holcomb creek. So will it be re-opened soon?

im very tempted to blow off what ever it is that i was gonna do on sunday to do holcomb. YOu know what, i just did. Guess that means i have to take it easy tomorrow on John Bull :p

im very tempted to blow off what ever it is that i was gonna do on sunday to do holcomb. YOu know what, i just did. Guess that means i have to take it easy tomorrow on John Bull :p

How is your rig set up?
The trail has not been run much since it closed, and I'd bet it won't be very easy.

You're #2 if you are up to it.

hmm! Lemme check with the boss

As a courtesy to the SoCal Chapter BOD I will reserve spot #3 for Josh.
Let me know if you can make it.

BTW I didn't receive any bribes.

I expect that these drivers will represent NAXJA well and not cause any grief by being trail plugs or by not following basic trail etiquette.
No drinking.......right?

How is your rig set up?
The trail has not been run much since it closed, and I'd bet it won't be very easy.

You're #2 if you are up to it.

3" lift, 33"s front and rear locked. dana 44 equipped. have ran JB, gold mountain, Deep creek, and cleghorn numerous times.

would like to come out if you think i will be let on the trail.

let me know.

Julio

What time on Sunday and where you all meeting at? I am not sure If i could make it or not, but if i can is there side trails where my sissy rigs (not built uber yet) can watch and enjoy etc?

3" lift, 33"s front and rear locked. dana 44 equipped. have ran JB, gold mountain, Deep creek, and cleghorn numerous times.

would like to come out if you think i will be let on the trail.

let me know.

Julio

I let you spend the night with me if you take me with you!!! :thumbup:

BTW I didn't receive any bribes.

Thanks Rick and Stephen....

Due the economy being at a low point and me eating peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, the only bribe I can offer is that I'll be nice to you for one whole day.. :moon:

I expect that these drivers will represent NAXJA well and not cause any grief by being trail plugs or by not following basic trail etiquette.
No drinking.......right?

Of course.

I never drink on the trail and I'll make sure that I say "May I," and "Please." :D

E

Well Rick, my bribe is that I can drop your new tire off at your cabin.

BTW, I got your voicemail. Thanks.

Last edited:
hope this is a prelude to the grand re-opening of holcomb. r ya'll running it from fawnskin side or from green valley lake side?

Back