• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar 240/240

NAXJA Forum User
I am hopeing that the powers that be will be able to help me out with this problem. I have a 94 Xj with a 96-98 4.0 ( block casting and head casting numbers). Do to the bearings in the distributor going out and taking a chip out of the cam gear I am now looking at getting a new cam. I came accros the Mopar performance 240/240 (summit racing part number DCC-4529228AB). My question is can I run this cam with the stock valvetrain. I will be replacing lifters and the cam and hoping to be able to get away with not repacing valve springs and what not. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Andy

You can use the stock valvetrain with the 28ab. I'm running the 30ab in my stroker and had to use the 5249464 springs for the additional lift.

My question is can I run this cam with the stock valvetrain.

Absolutely yes. The stock valve springs are rated up to 0.430" of valve lift which is exactly the same figure for that cam. You're good to go.

Back