• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having issues getting fuel.....

Not a lot to go on... Just 85' Jeep Cherokee. They made 2 engines. 2.8L and the 2.5L. The 2.8L has a carburetor for certain. That there is the cause of most of the 2.8L's off-camber/hill problem. The fuel sloshes to the other side of the bowl and either spills over or starves the jets. The only thing you can do with the stock parts is to disassemble the carb and try adjusting the float. Not sure if you'd go up a pinch or down a bit though; even then it may make no difference as carbs are notorious for not behaving well past flat level ground ;)

Ron

The 2.5L is carbureted also in '85.

if i get this
12s.jpg

would that help??
Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pump

Part Number: 12S

J.

Last edited:
I converted my carb'd 85 into throttle body injection from an 86. It made a significant difference in power and ease of starting. The Carter YFA that you have is a POS and your mileage would go significantly up with the switch.

The simplest fix is just to keep your tank near full. My mom used to say that it is just as easy to fill up the top half of the tank as it is the bottom half. :doh:

Back