• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which 0331 replacement head?

I don't know if anyone cares - mostly updating this like it's a journal, hah... I changed oil again after another 700 miles. came out looking clean, whereas the last change had a slight coolant swirl from the old stuff. that makes two 700 mile changes on T6, and this time I had picked up pennzoil pureplus 10w30 on sale to try it out.. took it for a good drive, and my lifter tick/rattle, which was always easily noticeable with T6 (although not too loud), is damn near silent. I'm sure both oils do their job just as well, but it's a nice sound. swear it almost feels a hair smoother overall, too. I guess mine still likes a 30wt.

oil pressure dropped 1-2lbs back to where it was before I put in T6, after the new head, but I expected that. still haven't verified my gauge... the mechanical tester I bought didn't work properly and haven't been able to exchange yet.

Installed a professionally rebuilt set of Bosch 4-hole injectors today - old injectors looked clean other than some dirt on the outside. Intake holes were not too dirty, but I cleaned 'em up a little while I had things apart. Mostly everything came apart and went back together easily with little fuss. Did the same highway run I usually do to test mileage... same conditions as the last run, and my average went from 17.8mpg to a whopping 23.6mpg today. Fluke? Maybe. I'll wait a couple tanks to see what I get driving normally around town/to work, but that's a good sign. Previous idle was fairly smooth but had an occasional mild rumble. Throttle response/power was also very strong before. Seems to idle just a tiny bit more smooth now (quite smooth) and power/response is probably the same, but I'm hoping that mpg increase is legit. Pretty damn surprised, as I didn't have performance issues or bad injectors before.

Thanks for the great reading all! I joined because of this thread I found so I figured I would try to revive it.

Going through this now and I am about to order a head....not sure which one yet.

MINT 2001 Silver....110k miles ZERO rust! Rare in Ohio!

Runs great and drives great. The only thing I don't care for other than the head issue of course is rear drums/Chrysler 8.25.

I may deal with those after I get her perfectly healed!

BTW: KJ rear disc brakes are the ticket for you

I went with the Windy city....ahg! We shall see. I ordered it not knowing a lot about Clearwater.

I got TUPY, Felpro gasket, Felpro bolt kit....545.26 shipped.

I am searching for some KJ stuff now!

Back