NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old February 14th, 2018, 03:47
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Need some help.. Starting issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_motion View Post
... are there other bands that will work?
Most auto parts stores sell cheap crappy Chinese made parts, some that even come with a " Lifetime Warranty ". These parts are poorly manufactured and/or made from inferior materials. They are often out of specification, or even failed, right out of the box. The ones that are not faulty many times will have a short service life before they fail. Always buy top quality replacement parts and genuine Jeep engine sensors. Numerous threads detail long and frustrating searches for a "problem" that ended up being cured simply with genuine Jeep repair parts.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

I'm starting to realize people on the Jeep forums are highly expert mechanics .....
Old February 18th, 2018, 23:20
NAXJA Forum User

Need some help.. Starting issue

Ended up really simple.. I figured I would do a tune up even though the cap wires and plugs were only a couple years old.. Found this.

That'll do it! I had my mechanic do the cps after he said he checked it over. He had it for over a week! I don't go to him for much, maybe I need to start going to someone else. I would have done the cps myself but we just moved into our new house and when it broke down it was snowing and parked in the mud, and i didn't even have my tools unpacked yet. Lesson learned. Anyways thanks for the suggestion though. I'll be more prepared next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk