• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Timeline and other info.

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Friday is for Preruns by Trail Leaders and gunners. These groups need to stay small. You are welcome to run anything you want on Friday however the official event day is Saturday.

Be there when the gates open @ 9:00am on Saturday. You'll need to go inside the park office and pay for park admission. Park admission is not included in your WF fees. (More on WF fees as soon as we get exact dollar amounts lined out.)You should be greeted at the gate by a MWC member. This person will inform you where the registration table is and also inform you of how to go about tech. inspection. Tech inspection can be done while your rig is on your trailer. The tech inspector will let you know where to stage your rig. We'll likely have three groups staged. Hardcore, Medium (Orange trail) and Easy (Green trail). You'll just go and park your rig in line with the appropite group. Maybe more groups depending on the number of people. Tech Inspectors will also inform you of the minimum requirements that have been set by the respective Trail Leaders.
Once it seems that nearly everyone that pre-rgistered have signed their life away, I'll test my public speaking skills. We want to be on the trail no later than 10:15. The Badlands does require an orange flag to be on every rig. These can be purchased at the Badlands in their store or, you may wish to save some $$ and bring an bicycle flag from Walmart. The flags that the Badlands sells requires a 1/2" hole for mounting so, keep that in mind.

Lunch is a free-for-all this year. No set plans for lunch. Eat on the trail, run to town to grab something, whatever works best for you. In years past, after the groups run their trail, we usually gather in the quarry and then form a few groups to run some more trails. There's usually not any formal organization with this group forming so, speak up and ask....don't be shy! It's hard to tell when anyone will make it to the quarry to schedule anything formal and it's seemed to work in the past so we'll go with it again.

6:00pm will be the Banquet/Dinner/Raffle at the Attica VFW. This place is easy to find, right across the road from the MickyD's. Look for more specific directions later. This will be a catered meal by Robies again. As you can imagine, there's not to many gathering places in Attica for stuff like this. The VFW gives us a great deal on using their facility. The only stipulation is that we buy all of our drinks from them. Softdrinks and anything else. Be sure to let them know how much we apperciate them working with us, they've been good to us.:thumbup:

Once everyone eats, we'll do the raffle. After the raffle is over, we all head to the campground for the Legendary MWC campfire. The campground is right outside the gates of the Badlands.

Sunday usually everyone packs up and heads home. There may be some that stay and run a couple of trails, there usually is. If you're interested in running Sunday, speak up and ask around. You'll likely find someone or be able to talk someone into hanging out.

Last edited:
1 official day of trails?

I was planning on showing up on wednesday and driving Thur, Fri and Sat. Kinda hard to justify my 13 hour trip just to hang out with everyone for 1 day . . .

1 official day of trails?

I was planning on showing up on wednesday and driving Thur, Fri and Sat. Kinda hard to justify my 13 hour trip just to hang out with everyone for 1 day . . .
I suppose we could do 2 days, it's been mentioned before but never actually done. (IOW, I forgot about it)We've still got time for it. I'll bring it up with the MWC BOD and we'll go from there. The two days of official runs would be Friday and Saturday. The only hangup would be the leaders getting pre-runs in as in the past. But, I'm not opposed to a lil' change.

Thanks for bringing it up Josh.

There will be some that wheel Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Correct. However as of now.....the only day that will have official super ninja club guided trail runs will be Saturday......as of now.

I'm thinking that I will probably be there to wheel on friday and saturday...whether or not i'm a trail leader i hope to wheel on friday...

also depends on the weather...and the mess i just found on the floor boards of the baby jeep...the buggy may be coming either way...

mac 'planning to take the whole week off work' gyvr

I'll probably come down friday night so i'll only be running the trails saturday. I want to jump in a built rig with someone to see the bigger trails. My jeep is still a little feller! :D

Planning on traveling out Thursday and wheeling Friday and Saturday and possibly some Sunday before heading back west.

Me and Jeffrey are still working out the details on coming but hope to be there friday early evening. We are only bringing one rig to wheel not the whole damn trailer and three jeeps like last year. In fact we are not even sure what we are bringing to wheel, maybe the same TJ from last year or hell we may even bring a little sammy locked front and rear sitting on some 31's that will go where some on 35" cant (you should see jeffrey drive that thing) Anyways I have asked the bossman a few times and he says all is good and should be booking our rooms next week

You can sleep in one of the under-compartments in the rolling Ramada.
If you sleep too late Sunday, you may wake up near the Cheddar Curtain.

Good, glad to hear the Ramada will be there. That's where we're going to do all of the cooking. I'm going to pick up some greasy meat to fry up.

You will have to bring that up with Lar....
I'm joking.:jester:

I remember how happy you were when Opie stunk up your live in trailer one year.

You can sleep in one of the under-compartments in the rolling Ramada.
If you sleep too late Sunday, you may wake up near the Cheddar Curtain.

make sure its parked accordingly...as close to the fire ring as possible...

mac 'who's brining the straw...or hay...whichever it is' gyvr

make sure its parked accordingly...as close to the fire ring as possible...

Nope, not any more, the fiver waved to people as it went down the road after WF'06.

Or it might have been the fire Capt'n Ron set UNDER the awning in Moab '05...

macgyvr said:
I'm bringing straw again G'yver.

Les

Back