• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LAZY B.O.D.

None....
I would like to congratulate our National BOD for screwing the pooch and not doing a damn thing for the Fall Fling. From what I heard it was thrown onto Remi and Derek, of which, they did a damn good job last minute putting and keeping it together. Also thanks to Ryan (Dr.Moab) for at least reserving a place for the dinner in Moab last minute and the last place that could fit that many people because the BOD didnt do anything for that either. I recall the BOD wanting the Fall Fling for themselves not the IC, and then they get it and they don't do a damn thing with it.

I heard Goatman has volunteered to do it next year, I have a feeling that he is going to do 1000 times better job than the BOD did this year.

Thanks agin Derek and Remi for the last minute organizing and Ryan for at least reserving a place for the dinner.

Other than that, I had fun. :D

I don't know the politics or exactly who handed what to off to who or what balls were dropped..........what I do know is that we've held local chapter events with higher turnout and larger raffles.
Somewhat embarrasing, but a great learning experience (read::twak: ) so this doesn't happen again.

That being said, I met some new folk that I hope to wheel with again. We got a first hand education on the importance of supporting Moab Land Use issues, specifically with the upcoming BLM Draft Plan http://www.sharetrails.org/public_lands/index.cfm?content=comment&article_id=426

and got some good trail time in.

Thanks to Remi, Derek and all the others in the shadows that pulled things together and made the event fun for those in attendance. All I can say is, buckle up......Fall Fling 2008 is coming!

0313 said:
I would like to congratulate our National BOD for screwing the pooch and not doing a damn thing for the Fall Fling. From what I heard it was thrown onto Remi and Derek, of which, they did a damn good job last minute putting and keeping it together. Also thanks to Ryan (Dr.Moab) for at least reserving a place for the dinner in Moab last minute and the last place that could fit that many people because the BOD didnt do anything for that either. I recall the BOD wanting the Fall Fling for themselves not the IC, and then they get it and they don't do a damn thing with it.

I heard Goatman has volunteered to do it next year, I have a feeling that he is going to do 1000 times better job than the BOD did this year.

Thanks agin Derek and Remi for the last minute organizing and Ryan for at least reserving a place for the dinner.

Amen........SANTA

Other than that, I had fun. :D

If Goatman actually volunteered to do next year's event, then you can be assured it will be excellent. Just watch out for any attempt to move the Friday night dinner/raffle to Saturday. ;)

Coloradofest got the same suport. Zero,Zip Nada but I think both events were fantastic! I'd like to thank Remy and Derik for pointing me to the best trails but special thanks to the trail guide Wayne. The video of me going up Double Wammy looks so tame because I took his line. He walked us thru Pritchet Canyon like it was flat land. He tought us how to rock crawl like a champion.Thanks Wayne, you made a great event the best!

You want to moan and groan? I cant count the number of times people were asked to help. All of you that complain... its your own fault, period. Sponsership has been in the trash, its back on its feet now. You can say all you want, but I can guarentee that WE (the bod) did the best we could for "organizing" something few of us could attend.

:mad:

I would like to congratulate our national BOD for not wasting a lot of time or resources on an event which was recognized early on as likely to be sparsely attended, due to the upcoming 25th anniversary event. It already looks to me like next year's will more than make up for this years.

Personally, I go to events to have fun wheeling, and drinking around the campfire - anything else is just icing on the cake.

I would like to congratulate myself for having the coolest damn ZJ at a mostly XJ event. :D

I really don't know who dropped the ball on this one, but I do know that we can't say enough good about Derek and Remi for carrying this on their shoulders. Despite a low turnout and last minute planning, I don't think anyone went home regretting coming out.

and yet Israel tried potato salad hill even! Swap your rear axle, get some lockers and rock on.

I tried as hell to help out with the slideshow but that sucked due to the laptop issues. I wanted to help with registration but having the wife n kid kinda hindered my ability to get away. I'm trying to get them more involved too but there just arent enough women for her to associate with.

lesslimited said:
Personally, I go to events to have fun wheeling, and drinking around the campfire - anything else is just icing on the cake.

I agree except for the drinking part. :D I'm not one that needs a lot of organization to have a good time, just some people to wheel with. :)

WayneXJ said:
I agree except for the drinking part.
Hey.... you drank something. As long as you consume liquids you're drinking :D
:D I'm not one that needs a lot of organization to have a good time, just some people to wheel with. :)
You're right! Biggest part is just hanging out with good people and having fun wheeling.

djblade311 said:
I'm trying to get them more involved too but there just arent enough women for her to associate with.

My wife enjoyed hanging out with her at the dinner, and my boy seemed to love playing with the gravel with you daughter! I went back to where they were during the slide show and they were both taking turns filling paper cups with gravel. Too cute!

Israel said:
My wife enjoyed hanging out with her at the dinner, and my boy seemed to love playing with the gravel with you daughter! I went back to where they were during the slide show and they were both taking turns filling paper cups with gravel. Too cute!

x2! I'm glad your wife and son were there to entertain each other. :)

Scrappy said:
You want to moan and groan? I cant count the number of times people were asked to help. All of you that complain... its your own fault, period. Sponsership has been in the trash, its back on its feet now. You can say all you want, but I can guarentee that WE (the bod) did the best we could for "organizing" something few of us could attend.

:mad:

Dude from what I hear you have been one of the laziest BOD members this year. If you are talking about sponsorship from vendors, from what I heard nobody even did anything to get vendors until Aug/Sept time. Also I didn't hear one time down there that the BOD did anything. None of the kudos to the BOD for doing this or that. Just for Derek and Remi for coming through when you guys didn't.

Hell not even even a registration link until the week before the event, and from what I gathered made it so the t-shirts were over ordered. That way they werent underorderd causing us to waste NAXJA money on extra shirts that now they have to try and sell still when it should have been taken care of with the registration.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if one of the BOD will tell me I am not welcome on NAXJA like they did Dan (trndrvr) because he caused to much of a stir.

Thanks

0313 said:
Dude from what I hear you have been one of the laziest BOD members this year. If you are talking about sponsorship from vendors, from what I heard nobody even did anything to get vendors until Aug/Sept time. Also I didn't hear one time down there that the BOD did anything. None of the kudos to the BOD for doing this or that. Just for Derek and Remi for coming through when you guys didn't.

Hell not even even a registration link until the week before the event, and from what I gathered made it so the t-shirts were over ordered. That way they werent underorderd causing us to waste NAXJA money on extra shirts that now they have to try and sell still when it should have been taken care of with the registration.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if one of the BOD will tell me I am not welcome on NAXJA like they did Dan (trndrvr) because he caused to much of a stir.

Thanks

Nope, you are welcome and will be the person i nominate when elections come up in november. Just remember that the BOD consists of all volunteers. There is only so much we can do. I am also president of the NAC Chapter and got minimal assistance from National when it came to our raffle, yet it was still sucessful.

Thanks Remi, Derek and Ryan for making the event and the Friday night dinner at Bar M Chuckwagon come together. There was still room for plenty of others!

orig.jpg

Maybe the gunfight scared everyone away?!?
orig.jpg

I dont know about the situations with each BOD and why they either werent there or they didnt help out so I cant scathe anything for that.

If anyone feels that they can provide more support by volunteering, then run for your local chapter, then BOD. BUT, you DONT have to be on the BOD to help volunteer. :)

Someone else who deserves a hand, Josh for bringing the projector and giving a day up of wheeling to put together a slide show for us all at the dinner. :cheers:

orig.jpg

Tom R. said:
If Goatman actually volunteered to do next year's event, then you can be assured it will be excellent.

Thanks for the good word, Tom. Yes, I have agreed to coordinate the 25th Anniversary Celebration, and we will have a great time. However, it will take many volunteers to put on a great event. I can only hope that this event will live up to the 20th anniversary event, which was pretty damned good. I'll never forget 120 XJ's parked on the grass at the park, or the infamous CO/CA challenge. We will have another show and shine in the park, and the other things we've become used to, but I don't know how to replace the CO/CA challenge. :)

MJR said:
Someone else who deserves a hand, Josh for bringing the projector and giving a day up of wheeling to put together a slide show for us all at the dinner. :cheers:

orig.jpg
Right arm Mike. Josh did great!

Back