• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heeeelllooooo!!!!

Andy in Pa. said:
Jeez, this place is quiet... I can hear my echo in this forum.....

Just a little more than a week away....

It is quiet. I'm changing all the control arm bushing in the XJ friday. That should just about do it. Ready for the blacks next weekend.

How many trucks run black/red trails at NACFEST?

sure is quiet how about some memories from last year

me%20mudsmall.jpg

coal%20rd.jpg

rti%20jeep.jpg

group.jpg

group on trail.jpg

to much work to do and not enough time to get it done. All I can say is BEER lots and lots of BEER

gabe4 said:
to much work to do and not enough time to get it done. All I can say is BEER lots and lots of BEER
and even more BEER!

DaffyXJ said:
It is quiet. I'm changing all the control arm bushing in the XJ friday. That should just about do it. Ready for the blacks next weekend.

How many trucks run black/red trails at NACFEST?

We should have close to 10 Hardcore rigs this year. I have to change my trackbar bushing at the axle, check out the Jeep and make sure everything else is solid and pack up my tools/spares, but otherwise I think I am ready to go. I was going to trailer it up this year using my parents Duramax, but they need it that week, so I'll be driving it up/back.

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
We should have close to 10 Hardcore rigs this year. I have to change my trackbar bushing at the axle, check out the Jeep and make sure everything else is solid and pack up my tools/spares, but otherwise I think I am ready to go. I was going to trailer it up this year using my parents Duramax, but they need it that week, so I'll be driving it up/back.

A.
I'll be lucky if I can run greens

Andy in Pa. said:
Jeez, this place is quiet... I can hear my echo in this forum.....

Just a little more than a week away....

I'm almost ready - my front driveshaft is being rebuilt (so badly beat up that the "pin" or "needle", which apparently is something in the double-cardan joint, is completely wasted).

I have a couple projects that won't get done before I set out next Wednesday (headliner, mirrors, quarter panels), but nothing that'll stop me from coming and wheeling.

MrShaft96 - I see my truck in some of those pics!

Work, work, work and no play :( . The only thing I was able to get done on the Jeep in my free time was new 31" Baja Claws. The only time off I was able to get was for Saturday :bawl: . See you all at NACfest then :wave1: .

gabe4 said:
I'll be lucky if I can run greens

Think of it this way...if whatever is making that noise just simply breaks while your wheeling it at Nac-Fest, you'll know what the problem is then...

We'll certainly have enough experienced folks there that I am sure we can fix it once it breaks.:jester:

Andy in Pa. said:
We'll certainly have enough experienced folks there that I am sure we can fix it once it breaks.:jester:
no, you just sitdown and eat lunch and tell peaple how to fix it:D

Rob Mayercik said:
I'm almost ready - my front driveshaft is being rebuilt (so badly beat up that the "pin" or "needle", which apparently is something in the double-cardan joint, is completely wasted).

I have a couple projects that won't get done before I set out next Wednesday (headliner, mirrors, quarter panels), but nothing that'll stop me from coming and wheeling.

MrShaft96 - I see my truck in some of those pics!

right on there are quite a few people in the pics that i havent seen posting much hopfully they will come. Anyway rausch creek should be a fun place for the event, some cool trails there. Hopefully we will see some people in Frog hole, Drain plug, Milkshake, and the mud pit by the pole line trail, if your not familiar you will find out.

I think I'm ready, just have two small projects to finish. Relocate rear shock mounts on axle, and make gas tank skid plate brackets and weld them on. John

ROBZ95Xj said:
no, you just sitdown and eat lunch and tell peaple how to fix it:D

Yep!!! Its almost like a rite of passage to break a u-joint/axleshaft on the trail. Some just get initiated earlier than others. Just make sure you have the tools and spares to take care of it.

Your time is going to come...

Well I got my jeep running today..... project list is still out there

Gears for my jeep (hopefully done on sat or sun)
Fix Stereo in the chief
Tune CB in the chief

As long as gears are done, we will have both jeeps there.

Last edited:
Andy in Pa. said:
Yep!!! Its almost like a rite of passage to break a u-joint/axleshaft on the trail. Some just get initiated earlier than others. Just make sure you have the tools and spares to take care of it.
See, I just figured I'd get it out of the way on pretty much the first trail... and it even got me a good quote for my sig! :laugh3: Speaking of which, I figured out later that the joint that broke was only a 1 1/2 year old 297 joint. Pretty good for tires that measured 30"...

I've still got quite the project list. Some of it I'll be trying to wrap up this weekend, the rest is the usual "eh, I'll do it later" kind of stuff...

lobsterdmb said:
Well I got my jeep running today..... project list is still out there

Gears for my jeep (hopefully done on sat)

As long as gears are done, we will have both jeeps there.
whats up with peaple gettin gears done days before nacfest?

nhrocker said:
I've still got quite the project list. Some of it I'll be trying to wrap up this weekend, the rest is the usual "eh, I'll do it later" kind of stuff...
so itll get done come november life the 4wd shifter last year:D

today my boss gave me tuesday off wich is cool so i wont be last minute shopping like last year

Back