NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > NACFest 2015
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NACFest 2015 June 18th - 21, 2015 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park, PA

Old June 9th, 2015, 12:47
NAXJA Forum User

What's everyone running?

Blue/black
Old June 9th, 2015, 16:42
<-- A Tribute

Re: What's everyone running?

Probably blue/black
Friend of Matt #17
RAUSCH CREEK
Old June 9th, 2015, 18:22
NAXJA Forum User

My mouth.
Old June 11th, 2015, 18:54
NAXJA Member

Blue- black for us too. Waiting on new front tires they are way bald ..we'll see what pops up in the next couple days..
Old June 11th, 2015, 20:04
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2pus View Post
Blue- black for us too. Waiting on new front tires they are way bald ..we'll see what pops up in the next couple days..
Wanna buy some 37" stickies?!
Old June 11th, 2015, 20:54
NAXJA Member #180

I won't be running. This is a Jeep event, so I am hoping I'll be driving or riding shotty while Leah drives. Probably blues/blacks so, we can hang with the cool kids too. I am sure there will be a peppering of reds in there for good measure too.

Last edited by Andy in Pa.; June 11th, 2015 at 20:59.
Old June 12th, 2015, 15:24
Life is big block

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKER View Post
Probably blue/black
On your setup... come on Ben!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwar71 View Post
My mouth.
Well that was a given.
Old June 12th, 2015, 19:44
NAXJA Member

Should be interesting. It appears there isn't a single 33/12.50-15 wrangler mt/r left in the continental u.s., so we'll see how some front baldies n truetracs handle things.
Old June 12th, 2015, 19:53
NAXJA Member

Ben is mellow now don't pick on him.
BTW, what's the head count? Since nobody seems to care Carol and I might try to salvage the Saturday dinner by cooking up something around the fire for those that make the trip. Maybe we could Forrest Gump our way thru a potluck dinner to build back some lost camaraderie? Thoughts?
Old June 12th, 2015, 19:57
NAXJA Member

Let's face it the chapter as a whole is losing its fire. Maybe a nice sitdown meal around the campfire can spark some constructive talk.
Old June 12th, 2015, 20:46
Life is big block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2pus View Post
Let's face it the chapter as a whole is losing its fire. Maybe a nice sitdown meal around the campfire can spark some constructive talk.
This might be the case for the southern part but is surely the opposite for the northern area. We had about 70-80 people at RocktoberFest last year.

Head count is for registrations is looking like 14 vehicles and once you added in the now-not-extra-meal-tickets it was 26 people total pre-reg'd.
Old June 13th, 2015, 13:53
<-- A Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCman View Post
On your setup... come on Ben!

Yeah yeah....why aren't you coming?

STROKER
Friend of Matt #17
RAUSCH CREEK
Old June 13th, 2015, 13:55
<-- A Tribute

Quote:
This might be the case for the southern part but is surely the opposite for the northern area. We had about 70-80 people at RocktoberFest last year.
How many of those people are members?

STROKER
Friend of Matt #17
RAUSCH CREEK
Old June 13th, 2015, 14:43
NAXJA Member

Quote:

Head count is for registrations is looking like 14 vehicles and once you added in the now-not-extra-meal-tickets it was 26 people total pre-reg'd.
70-80 people. People is not the count, vehicles registered is.
Yes I'll agree the southern end is the victim of neglect, which I personally brought up last year to no avail. That I was laid off for the 6 months prior to my own wedding had a bit to do with why I held back, but we made the effort to make it to nacfest to see our friends.
Facts for you. Twin grove as of this morning still has a pavilion open for Friday use, any renter is free to bring in their own food. Buddy's log cabin restaurant also of this morning could easily cater a meal for a smaller crowd within the price range of the offered meal tickets.
Neglecting this sanctioned and time-honored event is a mistake, period. Personal reasons for not being able make it down are part and parcel of life, which touches us all. It is disappointing to read an online admonishment of low turnout when so many in the north are so much more active than the lazybones down here, except many of you guys aren't coming either.
Enough already.
Old June 13th, 2015, 17:46
Life is big block

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKER View Post
How many of those people are members?

STROKER
Easily 2/3 or more of the rigs were member status. Not only that but we also gained at least half a dozen members fromRocktoberFest the last two year from guys that are there first time out to an event.

Rich, not sure what angle you are trying to go after here. Call me dude.
It is what it is, there is no neglect. If people don't want to show not much anyone is going to do. If the locations are off the table wouldn't it make sense to put time and effort into the event that people are going to?
We have tried for months to get ahold of Debbie at Twin Grove to get the scoop on what is going on only for us to find out last week that they aren't doing anything for catering anymore. If you could read the BOD forum you would see how much Colin, Rob and myself have tried to get information from Twin Grove. I actually had someone answer the phone in the morning and tell me they would not answer any questions unless I called back between 1-5pm. I am not trying to overly bash Twin Grove but it is what it is.
Again if you could read the BOD forum you would also see how vocal I was about trying to get something together but with less than a week to go we had not choice but to refund dinner so folks could make other options.

Anyway I am not continuing this anymore as k don't want a repeat or the N vs S thing from a few years back. If anyone wants more info please call me.