• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to make the crawl better - 2012

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
NAXJA Member
1. Trail leaders need to decide the awards ahead of time in order to:
2. Stop Glenn from talking so much :spin1:

Had fun as always. Constructive criticism commence :smootch:

Needs to be longer. I'm thinking 2 weeks or more.

That local parts store couldn't keep up!

I'm sure with enough advance notice, we could work out a deal with them.

Then we need to work out a deal with the gas stations to NOT jack the damn price up 15-20 cents a gallon the day after we all arrive.

Josh and Nate's Dad gave me some great advise for the easy ride that I should have done this year. I was worried if people were interested in seeing and taking pictures or just riding. He said I should ask. So simple yet I didn't do it.

Next year I plan to ask my group what they want to see and do.

Bob, thank you for the constructive info. It will make the event better and make for a more enjoyable experience for the attendees.

Less heat
Easy(stockish), Medium(1 locker, <33" tires), Hard (1 or 2 lockers >33" tires), Extreme(Cherobuggies, hardcore rigs) runs instead of Easy, Moderate, Extreme. This way folks can have a better idea of what they want to run.

Less heat
Easy(stockish), Medium(1 locker, <33" tires), Hard (1 or 2 lockers >33" tires), Extreme(Cherobuggies, hardcore rigs) runs instead of Easy, Moderate, Extreme. This way folks can have a better idea of what they want to run.

Easy to say, hard to implement. Doug and I were standing around on Friday with no one to lead.

And on Saturday it seemed like everyone wanted to go to the same place with the same group.

Easy to say, hard to implement. Doug and I were standing around on Friday with no one to lead.

And on Saturday it seemed like everyone wanted to go to the same place with the same group.

Well said.... Medium trails are hard to find..... It should be sightseeing, wheeling, breaking..... Those should be the skill level names

All of which depend on the type of rigs that show up to the event.

I feel like this year we didn't have much of the "medium" rigs in attendance as last year. Seemed to go from stockish to wild.

All of which depend on the type of rigs that show up to the event.

I feel like this year we didn't have much of the "medium" rigs in attendance as last year. Seemed to go from stockish to wild.

I would say that we had a lot of "medium" rigs that chose to go with the easy group.

All of the jeeps in the group on saturday could have done the trails we did on friday, except probably jennie.

Sometimes the difference in what group people choose has less to do with capability and more to do with the acceptance of damage.

1. Trail leaders need to decide the awards ahead of time in order to:
2. Stop Glenn from talking so much :spin1:

Had fun as always. Constructive criticism commence :smootch:

Was this in refrence to the awards part of the Saturday Night dinner? I'll try and remember that next year.... ;)

Red and Doug what trails that you saw would you classify as medium?

Well said.... Medium trails are hard to find..... It should be sightseeing, wheeling, breaking..... Those should be the skill level names

this

I would say that we had a lot of "medium" rigs that chose to go with the easy group.

All of the jeeps in the group on saturday could have done the trails we did on friday, except probably jennie.

Sometimes the difference in what group people choose has less to do with capability and more to do with the acceptance of damage.

also this.
Some people have built rigs, but they DD them and don't want to carnage up the body, but there's also people like Beergoggles Jim that have 33's and a fuel cell and wheel the snot out of it because they don't care.

I like the idea of reclassifying the runs to "sightseeing, body damage, carnage" Unfortunately there aren't too many in betweens at Harlan.

this

also this.
Some people have built rigs, but they DD them and don't want to carnage up the body, but there's also people like Beergoggles Jim that have 33's and a fuel cell and wheel the snot out of it because they don't care.

I like the idea of reclassifying the runs to "sightseeing, body damage, carnage" Unfortunately there aren't too many in betweens at Harlan.

Jim has 35's just to let you know.;)

33's, 35's, whatever it takes.

I have no doubt he'd still run big boy trails on 33's.

Back