• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails List for Fall Fling

X1994J

NAXJA Forum User
FALL FLING TRAILS LIST...

tues 10-4

easy:3-D w/tusher tunnel
moderate:flat iron mesa

weds. 10-5

moderate: kane creek
hard: hells revenge

thurs 10-6

easy: la sal pass
moderate: cliff hanger
hard: moab rim

fri 10-7 dinner and raffle at slickrock campground 6:30pm.

easy:hey joe canyon
moderate:gold bar rim
moderate: fins n things
hard: pritchett canyon

sat 10-8

easy: sevenmile rim
moderate: metal masher
moderate: poison spider
hard: hells revenge

**trail list is subject to change depending on turnout and interest **

Last edited by a moderator:
Accoding to trail list , first day Oct 4 is on easy & moderate trail , Oct 7 Friday is Pritchett Canyon rated 8 . At the bottom it also mentioned " trail list subject to trail depend on turn out & interest " . I can understand that but when i looked at the past 10 years Fall Fling events . Each year photos showed that there were people who did the Pritchett Canyon . I just want to ask if there are 3 or 4 xj want to go . Is that good enough to go ahead ? The reason i am asking is that I am driving 1300 miles one way to come to Moab . I don't want to drive all the way and find out all the people only interest in the easy or moderate trails . Last year i did the Jack hammer & sledge hammmer trails in California . Two years ago i did the Steel bender rate 6 & Behind the rock rate 7 . So i am looking for something that is challenging or hard trails this time . So can someone get back to me before Sept 30 ?

Thanks

Accoding to trail list , first day Oct 4 is on easy & moderate trail , Oct 7 Friday is Pritchett Canyon rated 8 . At the bottom it also mentioned " trail list subject to trail depend on turn out & interest " . I can understand that but when i looked at the past 10 years Fall Fling events . Each year photos showed that there were people who did the Pritchett Canyon . I just want to ask if there are 3 or 4 xj want to go . Is that good enough to go ahead ? The reason i am asking is that I am driving 1300 miles one way to come to Moab . I don't want to drive all the way and find out all the people only interest in the easy or moderate trails . Last year i did the Jack hammer & sledge hammmer trails in California . Two years ago i did the Steel bender rate 6 & Behind the rock rate 7 . So i am looking for something that is challenging or hard trails this time . So can someone get back to me before Sept 30 ?

Thanks

I'm sure it will be run whether it be officially or unofficially. I'd suggest if your looking for the rough stuff keep your ear tuned around camp. Someone might run some stuff in Area BFE, Rusty Nail, or Golden Spike even too, you'd like those

Thanks
pretty much what MJR said.
its almost 100% guaranteed that pritchett will be ran, its a popular trail that many want to run and we've never had to drop that trail.

Thanks guys for the reassurance , i will be there 8 am Oct 5 . Just wonder before heading out on to trails . Do we all meet at campsite 65 around 8:30 for briefing in Slick Rock campground ?

Thanks guys for the reassurance , i will be there 8 am Oct 5 . Just wonder before heading out on to trails . Do we all meet at campsite 65 around 8:30 for briefing in Slick Rock campground ?

Probably. Over the years we've met at local places for the various trails, usually to not cause problems with local business but Derek should be able to answer that. Slickrock has always been the hub for goings on.

yes, spot 65 at slickrock campground will be where registration,tech inspecton and everything else will be based from.

Back