• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Needed, possible problems.

stumpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, as I have mentioned here before, my wife and I just moved back here from overseas (Germany) and we dont have our house hold goods yet. Meaning we dont have anything we own right now as its on a boat on the way from Europe. It was supposed to be here this week, and I knew it would be very close for the crawl, but we just found out it wont be here until a couple more weeks.

My jeep is here: Check.

I have NO recovery stuff, shackles, straps, snatch blocks etc.

I have NO camping stuff, this isnt a big deal, I dont mind roughing it and will sleep in the back of the Jeep.

I have NO spare tire or hi-lift. I totally forgot about this until I read the required equipment section on the websites.

I do have my winch, but nothing to hook it up with (shackles, tree savers etc)

All of the above is on a boat on the way here from overseas, but will not be here in time for this weekend.

What should I do? Come down and take a chance? Stay home and wait for the next trail run? I REALLY need to get out in the woods, I have been living with my in-laws for the past 3.5 weeks and need a friggin break.

How big of a deal is this with the above items? I normally have tons of straps, surely I could borrow a strap and a couple shackels from someone? The biggest thing that worries me is not having my spare tire here... I am on 33's, so it should be easy enough to find something in an emergency.

Let me know... this is my first stateside trail ride in 4years. How big if a deal is this???

~James

I am sure we the people - in order to form a more better NAXJA- can cover you!
SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

i got you covered on all of the above(i dont have extras but you can use mine when needed, also joe has my old xj and he has a spare 33") except the camping part. i can bring you a tent i have, but i used it like a year ago and packed it wet, so im sure it smells like a$$.

as said... we got you covered!

we'll have recovery stuff taken care of amongst all people... and i know we'll be bringing a 33" spare down from Chattanooga. and possibly a 35"...

...don't forget to call me :)

Thanks guys, I 'figured' this was the case, but didnt want to show up and assume all was ok.

Thanks again, see yall in a few

Dan, will give you a shout tomorrow.

~James

:party:

1 day, 13 hours, 29 minutes and 7 seconds

:party:

James,

Come on to the Crawl. Most everybody has spares of everything and we will make sure you are set up with what you need.

We don't leave anybody behind and we help each other. Ask me how I found this out about the SEC.

Be there, as you can see, we gotcha covered. Now we might have you cook for us in exchange for said items....jk.

This thread says alot bout all you people, this is my first ride with everyone cant wait

i agree!

...it was fun meeting you too!

Back