• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event info

01XJSPORT said:
Just a quick question, if I was to decide to go to this event as an "event attendee" would it be ok to go in my TJ? The XJ is in some serious need of skid plates....lucky me got one without any, not even on the gas tank. Last year, at what became "Carnage fest", my brother tagged along with you guys. Maybe this will refresh some memories, he kept talking about his brother's "Mighty Rubi"....and his Jeep looked like this
untitled4.bmp

and was titled "where not to put your hand...."

Sure. Bring your brother, too.

hello every one. been a while since i last posted. thanks for the invite to your event, i will do my best to be there and of course in my tj but not the orange one you may recall i now got a yellow one got 4 inch of lift 3 inch body and 35 inch swampers. hope to see you there and thanks again

Is this open to only members of NAXJA? I just got my cherokee last thursday so I havent done any modding yet (Starting this weekend with some fabbed bumpers and a new exhaust). If it is open to non-members I will come since it is on my spring break from college. I would have to use my wrangler though. Is that fine? I may also see if my friend wants to go that has two XJ's.

white99z said:
Is this open to only members of NAXJA? I just got my cherokee last thursday so I havent done any modding yet (Starting this weekend with some fabbed bumpers and a new exhaust). If it is open to non-members I will come since it is on my spring break from college. I would have to use my wrangler though. Is that fine? I may also see if my friend wants to go that has two XJ's.

Open event, but you are strongly encouraged to join.

OK guys, not only am I a newbie, this will be my first time out wheelin in an "approved" area. My first Jeep (pretty lame considering how old I am)

I plan on being there Friday and most of Saturday unless something breaks of course. My rig is also my DD, so I must be somewhat cautious. I'll be sleepin in the back of my rig, keepin warm by a fire!!

Have my RE 3.5" lift, disco's, adj trackbar, BFG 31X10.5's and my rock bumper. CB, recovery straps, even a flag! Besides the obvious barley & hops sustenance, what else do I need besides having my head examined??

Help guys, I'm breaking my 4X4 cherry here and need some advice!!

do I need my head examined??
[/QUOTE]

answer: YES!!! Rock Rails are a good investment. Also, front and back attaching points for straps.

Tow points are required by NAXJA. There's a list of required equipment around here somewhere...

My new front bumper has mounts and D-Rings. Bumper is bolted to unibody as well.

I forgot to mention I'll have my shiny new complete Craftsman's through 1/2 drive, SAE and Metric! Hopefully I won't need them on the trail!!

Sliders are NEXT on my list for sure. I need em just to climb my big rear into the rig!! I'll bolt em AND weld em. Ought to be able to handle my 325+ lbs.
(So NO visions of bowlingballs come to mind, I'm about half way to 7' tall)

I'm not FAT, I'm "undertall." :laugh3:

This side pic is without my new bumper!
xjside.gif

Last edited:
bshaw said:
I had another question. The flags that they sell at the park need a 1/2" hole to bolt in correct? Thought I saw this somewhere on here but I could not find it.

Yeah, they have a mounting stud on the bottom... I just duct tape the flag pole to my radio antenna.

Back