• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When are you going to be there?

So... What are you doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am planning to meet folks at the the Discovery Center (if I can find it - can some one send me directions, please?) by 9 am Saturday. I'll be driving from Tucson Friday night. If I get to BB early, where would be the bet place to get breakfast? I'll be in a rental car, so I don't have a way to make breakfast.

If I make it in the area really early, I'll just pull off to the side of the road, since I don't want to bother folks at dark-thirty AM.

Leaving Sunday. Wish I could take the time to do AAT on Sunday - it's a worthwhile time, not that difficult, and helps to keep our trails open.

David Bricker / SYR

CORRECTIONS:

For now, read the "I'll be there Sturday. I want to do easier trails." as the "Easier Trails" choice, and the
"I'll be there Saturday. I want to do easier trails. " as the "Harder Trails" choice...

We're trying to find an Admin to fix the Post...

I am planning to meet folks at the the Discovery Center (if I can find it - can some one send me directions, please?) by 9 am Saturday.

Big Bear Discovery Center
40971 North Shore Drive/ Hwy 38
Fawnskin, CA 92333

It is on the North side of the lake, and on the NORTH side of the road, which is Highway 38 aka North Shore Drive... It is East of Fawnskin (which is on the NW corner of the lake, basically), and West of Stanfield Cutoff, which is the road that cuts noth/south across the shallow Eastern end of the lake.

If I get to BB early, where would be the bet place to get breakfast? I'll be in a rental car, so I don't have a way to make breakfast.

Best place I know of for breakfast for folks from Syracuse is my campsite... Site 83 in Serrano Campground; you can probably just drive in if you say you are visiting & will be out shortly. Or call me & Ill come pick you up.

Serrano Campground is between Fawnskin and the Discovery Center, on the "North Shore Lane" Loop on the south side of Highway 38/North Shore Drive.

My work schedule changed, so now I have to work on that Saturday. Now I'm thinking about driving up after work just to be at the dinner/raffle.

Thanks, Carol for the directions and breakfast recommendation. I hadn't realized that Big Bear was so sophisticated as to offer speciality breakfast offerings for Upstate NY residents!

I'm shooting for a 7-ish am arrival.

David Bricker / SYR

My work schedule changed, so now I have to work on that Saturday. Now I'm thinking about driving up after work just to be at the dinner/raffle.

Bummer that you can't be up Saturday day, but it would be great if you can make it up for the evening!!

Thanks, Carol for the directions and breakfast recommendation. I hadn't realized that Big Bear was so sophisticated as to offer speciality breakfast offerings for Upstate NY residents!

I'm shooting for a 7-ish am arrival.

David Bricker / SYR

I had to put the Syracuse thing in so I didn't inadvertently seem to be offering breakfast to everyone that came by... I don't plan to pack enough food for that this time!

Bummer that you can't be up Saturday day, but it would be great if you can make it up for the evening!!

Yeah, I'm bummed. Haven't missed a SoCal Fest since I joined. I was thinking about staying for Sunday, but I gotta be somewhere.

If you actually read it, its loaded with typos. Also there is no I will be there saturday and want to do harder trails option. Your ADHD kicked in and you forgot.

That being said, if I actually read through the posts I would have seen that this is a known issue.

KH

Yup. Can't edit polls :( Typed it up in a few sessions between some calls at work.

That said you're not going to be there Saturday? You can't miss the raffle!

Friday I plan to do easier stuff myself (I'll be in the little Jeep) but we'll also get somebody on harder stuff. Tough to say how many are going to be there for Friday though.

Your eyes did the typos, Geoff, due to Kevin's lack of punctuation... he meant: there is no "I will be there saturday and want to do harder trails" option

He'll be there Saturday, and probably would prefer harder trails...

Back