• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd locked or 4wd open

chasdb

NAXJA Member 3643
NAXJA Member
I haven't finished my new front axle but have my new rear axle regeared with an ARB installed thanks to RobertK. I plan to run a few easy trails, don't want any body damage on my dd untill I get it armored up. Would I be better pulling my front driveshaft so I can run 2wd low locked if needed, or install my old 8.25 rear axle and run 4wd open/open. I'm on 33, 5 inches of lift, 242 tc.

-Charles

I would say it doesn't matter either way if you stay on the easy run. If you want to run the harder trails, 4x4 would be preferred. Even without gears or lockers, 4x4 and 33's will get you through any trail up there.

last year i took the easy site seeing run and we hit a few hills that were very very loose rock and required at least 4 high... so having the option of 4wheel is recommended in my opinion ... hope that helps...

What is the gear ratio in the new axle

I have run several trails, including John Bull and Gold Mountain Open/Open, 5" lift, 33"s, 242.

I'd say having 4wd would be more helpful than being locked in the rear.

Thanks guy's I'll swap axles for the event.

Back