• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my pics and vids

Looks good, Gene, There is not much room for Toe in adjustment though.
Also, I'd turn the bolt over, put the threads up, If you ever have to remove the nut on the trail, it will be a PITA after the threads get galled up.

if you turn the bolt up and lose the nut the bolt will come out and you'll lose all steering...

mac 'more worried about it falling off than taking it off on the trail' gyvr

Drill it and use a cotter pin.

Problem solved.

Also if the nut falls of on the trail.......

Rev

I did plan to drill and cotter pin. It sees ZERO street use so I figured I would feel it long before it fell apart. As far as toe-in goes I think it will do that on its own when I bend this one. I used RH threads on both sides and plan to build one more tie-rod and buy one more heim for extended journeys into the woods. Next time we get round DOM at work I will probably build the next one. I have a good/bad habit about using whatever is FREE and that explains the squareness.

Looks good enough for who it's for.:D

I had "access" to some solid hex stock at one time. I always thought it'd be cool to make a tierod out of it.

Back