• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project list before NacFest

ROBZ95Xj said:
heres all the goodies i got for my rig, just need ti get it all installed

4.5" Lift
http://imageshack.us
15x8 American Racing Steelies
Motor
D44 and in true ROBZ95XJ fasion the diff cover is painted lime green

couple other things needed to get xj back on road
fix floors
replace stearing box
rebuild tcase and install SYE
get frt driveshaft for rear

Good heavens, man! Step away from the keyboard and get cracking!!

MrShaft696 said:
wow I thought getting re-geared and such was a chore, your basically building a jeep to drive there, good luck.
Yeah, it's probably not going to happen... He already arranged to ride down with me like last year if (when) he doesn't get it running.

In my case I still have a blown drivers front shock, both my drive shafts are still messed up, I need to swap my good steering box back in, my hatch struts died, and my rear end is sagging pretty good... So in other words I'm good to go!

Man I've been driving around for a week without my front driveshaft and it drove so smooth. Now that I put the rebuilt one back in it vibs again not s bad as before I rebuilt it but I was hopping it would drive like it did without it.
Now I think I'll build some sort of storage in the rear cargo area.

nhrocker said:
Yeah, it's probably not going to happen... He already arranged to ride down with me like last year if (when) he doesn't get it running.

In my case I still have a blown drivers front shock, both my drive shafts are still messed up, I need to swap my good steering box back in, my hatch struts died, and my rear end is sagging pretty good... So in other words I'm good to go!
yeah mine aint gonna make the trip, but it will be finished by end of summer, im lokkin at end of july back on road

My turn to post up :spin1: ! Here is my "new " daily driver. I inherited this last year when my dad passed. 4.0 5sp currently averaging 20mpg to and from work

Plans are to have this at NACFEST.

The list includes:
Rusty's 4.5" lift
3.73 gears, rear locked already. (in my other XJ currently)
31X10.50
Custom front receiver
Advanced Adapters SYE
Tom Woods CV shaft
JKS Gen II discos
Adjustable track bar

The above parts are here and going to be installed starting the first weekend in june!

Already done the dual battery install.

88XJ2dr.jpg

I figure I could blend in better that way! :laugh:

Rob Mayercik said:
Time to put up my list, I suppose:

1. Get carpet out, dry pad and deal with floor pan issues done
2. Headliner recover
3. Remove rear sway bar done
4. Clean fuel injectors done
5. Get upper hinge on LF door rewelded done
6. Replace Duct Tape on RR lower quarter panel (temporary hole coverer)

Rob
Some new progress - finally ditched the rear swaybar yesterday. Considering that those bolts haven't been touched since the lift kit went on, they came off pretty easy. Haven't driven it much since then, but looking forward to seeing how much (if any) change I feel in it.

On the flip side of that coin, I haven't touched the headliner yet, and I'm still lining up the last parts for my mirror swap (got a line on the connectors I need, but waiting for them to be cut out of the donor vehicle). I still plan on having that done by NACFest, though.

New item: Make up swaybar tie-ups like John and Melissa have - I have all the parts, and just have to put them together and install the eye bolts. I'm going to take a cue from FitchVA's site and see if my '92 has the same pre-exitsing holes in the fender support brackets as his '98, so I can avoid pulling the battery and airbox.

I am going to try to deal with the rear quarter panels as well, but whether I get to them before NACFest or not I don't know. Duct Tape may just have to continue to hold the fort in the meantime.

Rob

Yippie I am paid up, membership too. Swapped in a 29sp 8.25 over the weekend with 3.55s which is a upgrade for my 5sp. Unfortunately now my tom woods driveshaft is vibrating, and i cant figure it out. Dont think the spring perches are welded on at a different angle so go to solve that and regear the front in the next three weeks.

SAVE UP $$$$$$
Buy Lots of BEER!
Give nhrocker gas money

ROBZ95Xj said:
SAVE UP $$$$$$
Buy Lots of BEER!
Give nhrocker gas money
Yeah, with my gas mileage I'll need it. At least I'm in the double digits for gas mileage this year... :laugh3:

I still need to weld up my new rear shackle mounts, swap out rear drive shaft, get new shocks, get a new tailpipe, weld in the rest of the gussets in my cage, and weld up the legs to tie the b-pillar into the exo.

Nothing compared to last years list...:rolleyes:

CountryXJer said:
My turn to post up :spin1: ! Here is my "new " daily driver. I inherited this last year when my dad passed. 4.0 5sp currently averaging 20mpg to and from work

Plans are to have this at NACFEST.

The list includes:
Rusty's 4.5" lift (Done)
3.73 gears, rear locked already. (in my other XJ currently)(Done)
31X10.50(Done)
Custom front receiver (In progress)
Advanced Adapters SYE(Done)
Tom Woods CV shaft (Rx wrong shaft :bawl: , Too short)
JKS Gen II discos (Done)
Adjustable track bar (Done)

The above parts are here and going to be installed starting the first weekend in june!

Already done the dual battery install.

88XJ2dr.jpg

Looks like this now!

day3upgrade0001.jpg

Rig looks great, another good Chief kept going!

My project list is mostly done. I just typed it all up to post it, but then I realized it was mostly a bunch of little stuff no one needs to read through... To sum it up, I'm putting off some stuff (as usual) and there's one I'm still hoping to get done. I'm waiting on my new front shock to come in. It was supposed to be here Friday. As long as it gets here Monday (or even Tues.) I should be able to get it in.

Back