• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Storage/Security

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
This is aimed at the guys who have the chopped roof's, no doors, and ect.

Do you have a garage you store in? If you don't how do you protect what's in what was once the cab from getting wet? I'm assuming at that stage in the game you have drain plugs and make use of them.

I also want to drive my project XJ when its nice out with the doors off. Should I just follow the CJ/YJ/TJ school of thought? Keep nothing of value in the Jeep & consider an ignition kill switch?

The reason for my questions is that I don't currently have a garage to store my project Jeep in once I get it finished.

IMHO The most effective way of making sure nobody steals the thing is placing a switch that is not in the ignition circuit, but the battery circuit. Im talking having a switch right off of your positive battery terminal. (you're gonna need a good switch lol)
Problem is your radio, ecu, ect will all reset when you flip it.

IMHO The most effective way of making sure nobody steals the thing is placing a switch that is not in the ignition circuit, but the battery circuit. Im talking having a switch right off of your positive battery terminal. (you're gonna need a good switch lol)
Problem is your radio, ecu, ect will all reset when you flip it.

*IF* you used a continuous duty relay, you could probably tap into the PDU and avid the radio & ECU being reset. An idea for that would be to have a kill for the fuel pump (I was reading about that last night), and an ignition kill.

But this isn't as much about the actual tech as what other people do. I know I can figure out or search for write up's on how to do the actual technical part. I'm curious how the guys with the heavily modified XJ's store and secure them.

I live and work on a military base, I generally leave my keys in the ignition or cab. I have a tarp I pull over the seats for the rain.

I do not generally keep valuable stuff in the jeep anyway.

...how do you protect what's in what was once the cab from getting wet?

...nothing of value in the Jeep?

Not much for security, but this keeps my seats dry:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=924675

Rainin' like hell right now, matter-a-fact.

And yeah, leave nothing in the jeep you'd mind losing. Some buttmuch stole my sunglasses just last weekend.

I do throw a padlock on the toolbox and cabinet. It's not enough to stop somebody really determined, but it'll slow em down and make enough racket that I hope it'll discourage the casual dirtbag.

Robert

The slider might be nice to have, especially if I had to use the doors more often than I do.

But I like that the doors are simple and light. They're big enough to be a bit awkward anyway (not much I can do about that), I think the extra weight could make em really hard to handle, especially if they end up top heavy.

Robert

Back