• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfer case linkage help

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to connect my AX15 to the NP231...I have no idea how this mount connects the two, does it mount to the the body? the AX15?

pictures of the installed linkage would be super helpful, 2WD in the snow ain't cutting

CLOISER said:
I'm trying to connect my AX15 to the NP231...I have no idea how this mount connects the two, does it mount to the the body? the AX15?

pictures of the installed linkage would be super helpful, 2WD in the snow ain't cutting

I've installed a couple of TCs on automatics and they bolt on to the transmission. I would say yours does the same. There are 6 studs on the TC, they match holes on the tranny .

Last edited:
illsnow said:
the tcase mounts to the tranny. its either 6 or 8 studs, i dont recall exactly. its a pretty easy install to do.

A couple of the nuts are a bit hard to get to, but it is doable.
What I did was to let the jack down a bit to allow the tranny to sag and give me more room at the top.

oh sorry, I got the AX15 connected to the NP231

But how do I connect the linkage, for shifting the NP231 into gear, does that transfer case linkage mount onto the AX15?

I really need some pictures to help figure this out

thanks

no, your linkage mounts to your 4wd shift lever........

?

Back