• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

security cut off...

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
G/f still has the 98 XJ and she's going to be in stamford and who knows what other cities for work this summer, i was wondering, on the pass. side in the fuse comp. there is a fuel pump fuse that if u pull the pump shuts off, is there any way to rig some kind of toggle switch i can mount under her dash so when she parks she can flip the switch to somehow disconnect that fuse as if you were removing it? If not, what are some other easy ways "on off" switch ways to completely disable it when parked? Thanks for any help.

For a concealed switch there are really almost unlimited options. Pick any vital circuit and interrupt it with a switch. Fuel pump wiring is one obvious one, or perhaps the start relay, whose ground line is passed through the neutral safety switch. Terminal 30 of that relay is what is grounded through the NSS at least on the 91-96 versions. Interrupt that and you have the equivalent of a second NSS. Run it straight to ground and you bypass the NSS. I would prefer finding the negative input of a relay, because if your wiring shorts out all it will do is start working again, instead of starting a fire or blowing fuses, but you can choose just about anything that looks accessible.

Back