• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Successfully Tricking the NSS in multiple Positions?

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
After I completed swapping a ax15 for the aw4 in my 92 4.0 XJ I have been wanting to get my cruise control back and my reverse lights to come back on. Since day one of the swap I have had a small connector completing the continuity of the "park" signal between the B and C connector allowing me to start the jeep.

1-2a.jpg

To get my cruise control to work again I would just need to be able to make sure there is zero continuity making the NSS think I am in "drive." And Finally to get the reverse lights on I want to be able to complete that continuity with the reverse light switch that is on the ax15. At least that's how I think the switch works since there is no power running through it.

Does anyone think it is possible to make a box with a multiple position switch that would allow me to control the continuity of which "gear" I want from the drivers seat? Or a toggle switch with more than two selections? So I could have the box selector in the position of "park" when I want to start my jeep, then select "drive" when I want to use cruise control and "reverse" will be engaged when I actually put my ax15 in reverse completing the continuity at the transmission?

Last edited:
Without looking at a schematic for an xj with a manual trans.... I would wire terminals B and C to a clutch pedal switch, terminals A and E to the reverse switch on the manual Trans and looks like all circuits are open when in drive, so nothing to do there

Back