• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabbing Track Bar Frame Mount Qs

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
Question:
With 6.5" of lift I have a Rubicon Exp. HD track bar with the flex joint end.
I have chopped off the ball joint mount area of my stock track bar frame mount, and am fabbing up a new mounting bracket for the new style RE flex joint.

Using my modded stock frame mount, I will be lowering the upper track bar mount a small amount, maybe 1" or so lower than the factory ball joint.

I have not finished the job, I'm am still working on it.
Should I make the mount lower, like an aftermarker drop mount? Say 2-3" lower. Or keep the mount relatively close to the stock mounting position?

try to place the upper/frame tracbar mount in a similar relationship to the upper drag link end as already exists between your lower mounts for those 2 linkages.

Something similar to this?
trackbar5.jpg

This setup is from Kevin's Offroad.
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

Hale

Like mentioned before, look at your drag link, measure the angle between the pitman arm and the passanger side knuckle and make the drag link angle identical to that. That will be how far you'll have to drop it.

Back