• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabricated front bumpers.

Hickey

NAXJA Forum User
Alright folks, lets see your homebuilt, buddy built, paid for with beer bumpers. I don't want to see anyone with a "Fabberguy.com Offroad Enterprises" bumper that you put on your mom's Visa, I want to see bumpers you or your friends have built. Yes, I searched. I saw lots of red X's. Show me the bumper you are proud of. Rear bumpers too.

I'll start off with a pic of Mbryson's bumper.

new_01002.jpg

No, this is not really my bumper. I saw it on another forum a while back. Nice piece, eh?

sorry couldn't resist

That pic has been posted more times than I can remember and I haven't even been on here that long. It actually hinges down to protect the hood and the front of the fenders. I can't remember who made it at the moment, but I'm sure someone will chime in with that.

BTW- putting this thread in the Pics section would have been a better choice.....

Here's mine. It's constructed of 3/16 and 1/4" plate. It's a little stubby for you hardcore rock guys!

Brad

465047_7_full.jpg

465047_8_full.jpg

nhrocker said:
That pic has been posted more times than I can remember and I haven't even been on here that long. It actually hinges down to protect the hood and the front of the fenders. I can't remember who made it at the moment, but I'm sure someone will chime in with that.

BTW- putting this thread in the Pics section would have been a better choice.....

early trail ready (road armor at the time)

best close up shot that I have
madflex.jpg

that is a very nice bumper cherokeekid!

I like mine for simple, light and strong. It's just a piece of 4x4x1/4 angle, cut and re-welded to angle the side pieces back a little, then cut an angle on them and weld on some tube. It was super easy to make and i've bashed it a lot with nothing more than scratches.

click picture for full size picture:

Last edited:
frntstuff.jpg

It's big, it's bad, it's ugly as sin... it's a couple hundred pounds of 1/4" steel with a tire bolted to it.

Two pieces of 1/4" angle welded togather make up the bumper itself, being slightly smaller than the tire.

With the price of steel nowadays (I just spent over $200 on 20 ft of 4X4X1/4 and 4X1/4 steel plate) you would be wise to look into a premade bumper. You may find that your bumper can be delivered cheaper than you can build it.

burgjeep005.jpg

This is about $75 dollars worth of steel, good luck finding a bumper for that price anywhere...

Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anybody know where I can find the bolt on shackle mounts that are on the jurassic park bumper (hood cage)?

jeremy, speaking of bumpers, I need to use a plazma cutter to cut out a new one for my pile, you busy today?

and you know what mine looks like so I won't dig up a pic. :D

90KrawlerXJ said:
With the price of steel nowadays (I just spent over $200 on 20 ft of 4X4X1/4 and 4X1/4 steel plate) you would be wise to look into a premade bumper. You may find that your bumper can be delivered cheaper than you can build it.
Is that so? You have much to learn, young grasshopper. ;) My mom's Visa is at it's limit anyway.

Last edited:
brent said:
jeremy, speaking of bumpers, I need to use a plazma cutter to cut out a new one for my pile, you busy today?

and you know what mine looks like so I won't dig up a pic. :D
Come by around 3. I gotta take the boy shooting his new gun, but after that, I be fabbin.

Back