• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

after market front bumpers

what are you talking about that JCR bumper is just a 2x5? 2x6? 2x4? with tapered ends..... takes someone.... 3 hours to fab up... the rigidco bumpers are angled inwards... alot more fab work involved....
the jcr offroad bumper probably costs $40 in materials... hell i built my 2x4 wrap around bumoer for about $80.... and that includes the extra 10 ft of 2x4 i had left over.....

I made one myself out of steel, it looks similar to this
5443.jpg
but only cost me around $5 in materials. I just welded 1" angle iron together, to make a 2" box, then a flat peice to mount the plate too. I can pop it off when need be, and it's totally legal. I didn't want to drill into my bumper, so for me this was the best solution. If you get the FbG it should have a 2" hitch.

Todd

BigBear said:
i dunno, but i know a place that makes almost that same bumper for half the price.... http://www.jcroffroad.com/
Very good quality, but their name isnt really out there yet... just a thought....
i also dont like the JRC mounting points and the fact that their brackets are less beef than the rigidco...

to the starter of the thread:
a coupple of people i know use mag light clips on their licence plates and then clip them to their fairlead... might be able to have a pin type thing that bolts through the shackle tab...

Rigid makes a license plate insert for that bumper.

BigBear said:
i dunno, but i know a place that makes almost that same bumper for half the price.... http://www.jcroffroad.com/
Very good quality, but their name isnt really out there yet... just a thought....

Definitely not the same.... IMO, not even close.

btray

These bumpers aren't even close! The rigidco mounting is so superior as to not make this a contest. Mount a license plate wherever it may fit, but don't lose bumper strength because of it!

If you have a winch with a roller fairlead, I like the idea of a couple of Maglite clamps bolted to the licence plate and clipped on the rollers. We don't need a front plate here in AZ, but I thought that was a slick idea...

BillR said:
I like the idea of a couple of Maglite clamps bolted to the licence plate and clipped on the rollers. We don't need a front plate here in AZ, but I thought that was a slick idea...
Just make sure you take it with you at night especially when camping around the rest of the NAXJA misfits...right JohnJohn? :laugh3:

XJ_ranger said:
i also dont like the JRC mounting points and the fact that their brackets are less beef than the rigidco...

Got some pics of their mounting method ? I've been looking at them myself.

I had one of those bumpers before my protofab one I have now. It was not nearly as beefy as the protofab and from what I can tell the rigidco ones seem to be even a little more secure than my new one. It all boils down the reality that you get what you pay for.

Oh, also the light tabs on the JCR bumper I had weren't even useable because they tucked too far under the grill of the Jeep.

Back