• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigidco front bumpers

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to finish up my XJ and one of the last things I need to do is get some front tow hooks, some sort of Steering box brace and a bumper. Im really liking rigidco's design and was wanting people impression of their mounting system/SBB. Thinking this is the most economical way to get all I need.
Thankx

wannabe said:
Im trying to finish up my XJ and one of the last things I need to do is get some front tow hooks, some sort of Steering box brace and a bumper. Im really liking rigidco's design and was wanting people impression of their mounting system/SBB. Thinking this is the most economical way to get all I need.
Thankx

It's been a year now, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22961 and I recommend them to anyone that asks.... and although this thread has some lame responses, from some lame people, the link to Ofoto is still valid. I am just a customer of Rigidco, never met Terry, and I don't have any ties to his company. I can't wait for his rear bumper to be produced.... should be soon.

btray

I loved that bumper I called today to order one, but he said he couldn't even get me one till mid to late october. I was disappointed to say the least, I ended up ordering the warn bumper instead, only reason was the over a month wait.

jgai11bb said:
I loved that bumper I called today to order one, but he said he couldn't even get me one till mid to late october. I was disappointed to say the least, I ended up ordering the warn bumper instead, only reason was the over a month wait.

Let us know how the Warn goes for you.

I believe the Rigidco is worth the wait... :doh:

I'll wait...I called Terry and was going to order a front winch bumper to mount my Milemarker 9000lb winch on but I received the response of, maybe in october? They were working on the rear bumper, so they are busy. I have the rock rails already, they are sweet and great quality. I had a prob with the skid plates on the bottom not clearing the pinch weld. He was attentive and noted teh design prob. I'll wait for the bumper, cuz i like the mount system that boxes teh frame in and makes a stouter front end.

They're worth the wait - Mine's going on as soon as the paint is done. Solid construction, excellent full-color directions, and all the hardware for each component bagged separately.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, and it came in less than 14 days. That was including the cross-country shipping from Utah to PA.

I have a MORE steering box brace, and I'm looking at it thinking it's not really neccessary with Terry's beefy mounting system and steering brace.

I use Rigidco's mounting system on every bumper I make. It's a great system that dramatically strengthens the front of an XJ as well as being a bulletproof mount for the bumper.

I have the C4x4 its a real nice bumper.

dmillion said:
I just wish he'd come up with a mounting system for the rear that is as cool as his mounting system for the front!

I didn't think his rear bumper was available yet? Have you seen a prototype?

btray

The rigidco mounting system takes the place of the outer c-rock plate. When I got my bumper from them a few months ago he said he was almost always 3 weeks out since he builds them to order. I love mine and think its the best bumper out there period. GOod product great price and the best customer service ive seen in a while.

Just to let you know what kind of company it is Terry sent me an email saying that he had 1 repeat 1 customer saying a bolt came loose and he is sending all new hardware for the mounting system. Have you ever heard of another company doing that? I highly doubt it

BornAgainXJer said:
How does this bumper/mount system work with the c-rok SBS?

It is a C-Rok brace of sorts - a Rigidco SBS. :D

I just got the bulkhead reinforcement on, still working on painting the bumper. I'll put up a couple of pics of the brackets and winch mount tomorrow.

XJack said:
It is a C-Rok brace of sorts - a Rigidco SBS. :D

I just got the bulkhead reinforcement on, still working on painting the bumper. I'll put up a couple of pics of the brackets and winch mount tomorrow.
so does it replace both the inside and outside c-rok sbs plates?

Edit: I just reread an early post and got my anwser

Last edited:
BornAgainXJer said:
so does it replace both the inside and outside c-rok sbs plates?

Edit: I just reread an early post and got my anwser

I'll humor the search feature challenged. :looney:

Rigid's brace does retain the factory box spacer inside, but I'm sure you could run the C-Rok interior bracket along with Terry's outside bracket to achieve the same thing. They're drilled the same way.

XJack said:
I'll humor the search feature challenged. :looney:

Rigid's brace does retain the factory box spacer inside, but I'm sure you could run the C-Rok interior bracket along with Terry's outside bracket to achieve the same thing. They're drilled the same way.

Thats exactly what I now plan on doing. Now I just need to sell my stereo and spare parts to pay for it.

Back