• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official MWC Pig Gig thread

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
May 31st 2008 will be the 2nd Annual MWC Pig Gig.
It will be held in the same location as last year, in Louisville, IL at ILLXJ's place, which is actually north of Louisville a little bit. Look for exact directions to posted up here later.

For the Pig Gig first timers:
We get a pig, Jim and myself shoot it, butcher it and put it on a roteresee roaster. We start the pig early in the morning and eat when it's done. There is power if you need it for a crock pot or whatever. We do ask that everyone brings a side dish to share. We take up a collection to cover the cost of he pig. Anything collected over the cost of the pig is donated to the MWC Treasury. While the pig is cooking, we shoot guns and socialize. We have slinger-dinger targets set up at 100 yards to shoot at. This year we hope to have short range pistol targets as well. If you got it, bring it and shoot it. We had all kinds of nice firearms last year. Everything from snubnose .38's to AK's. Just a little bit of everything. This is a non-wheeling event. No XJ required.:D Something new at this years Pig Gig will be a 50/50 drawing, with the proceeds being deposited into the MWC Treasury.

Accommodations for those wishing to stay:
Primitive camping is available at the Pig Gig site. If you'd like a little more plush accommodations, there are options. Effingham, IL is about 20 miles north of the Pig Gig location. Effingham has several different hotels to choose from. You can use www.hotels.com or something similar to find a place. Flora, IL (15 miles south) has only one hotel that'd I'd recommend and that's the Best Western(Lorsin Inn). You should be able to find it online as well.

This event is open to anyone that has the guts to show up. Good times, good people.
Bring lawn chairs.

Hope to see you there!

Hale

Here are some directions:

From Effingham go south on RT. 45 approx. 18 miles to the Iola Rd. Turn west go 1 mile to the T. Turn south for .2 miles. Turn west for 1.5 miles. Driveway will be on the right.

From Flora go north on RT. 45 approx. 10 miles. Then follow the above directions.

Once you are on the Iola Rd. if you get to the river bridge you have gone to far. The bridge is about 1/4 mile past the drive.

I will have some sort of signs on the highway & at the drive. Once you get up the drive go around the barn to the left, parking will be in the back.

If you get lost the phone # there is 618-665-3475.

JIM.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me find out what the wife's schedule looks like.

and why you guys gotta be 7 hours from me :(

or my .22

BTT!

Who's gonna be there?

If we get a decent amount of people, we'll have a 50/50 drawing. Proceeds to the MWC.

negativecreep said:
about 2 hours away... sounds like a good time. whens a good time to show up?

Mid morning-ish.

It's an easy drive. I've made that drive countless times. I could probably do it blindfolded!

Hope to see you there!

Still gonna try and make it. It is about 7-8 hours, so if I can find someone to ride along (hint-hint 90Poisport99) then I will probably make it. We have our house under contract with a buyer, so I might try and get the moving done a week earlier so I can make it.

Back