• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aug 8-9 Uintas Campout

Where in the Uintas will this be held?

I asked Jerry if I could put this together. I've got a few ideas but nothing is final yet.

A lot of it depends on who plans on going. Some of the camp spots I have in mind are kind of small for a huge group so... Lets do this.

Roll Call.

Who IS going on this run?

Got the time off. Im in. Now I just need to replace the water pump and and a couple of other odds and ends and I'm good to go!!

Yes. I'll post more when I get home but plans have changed a bit. Instead of fri night- sat we are going to meet in Evanston Sat morning and camp sat night.

Thinking working our way up to Lym lake. If nobody is camped there and our group is small enough we will camp at the lake. If it's taken we will head over the top and camp on the West fork of the blacks fork river. Sunday people can go off where they please. I know Jerry has to leave early and a couple of us are heading to Wyoming for some other activities.

Details? I'm going camping this weekend just seeing if I'm going this route or another :D

Details:

Meet at the maverick in Evanston off exit 5 (I think) at 9:00am. Top off with fuel then head for the hills. We will go to Lym lake. If there is open camping there we will set up camp and those that want to fish can catch our dinner. If there isn't anywhere to camp at the lake we can move to the top of Elizabeth ridge. There are some little camp spots in the trees on top. Then Sunday morning you can go where ever. We have something going on in Wyoming and I know jerry has to pick a buddy up from the airport that night so he will be leaving us too.

Yes the maverick is exit 5 I'll be there. With a couple others in tow.

If this rain and cold weather don't stop I'm going south to watch floods and get some warm weather instead. Not in the mood to freeze my butt off in mud.

Back