• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuilt transfer cases in Denver area ?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm pretty sure the nv 245 in my quadra drive commander is shitting the bed keep getting service 4wd message and a bang that sound like the case on moderate hard acceleration from a stop or hard acceleration from slower speeds I also noticed today backing up over some snow covered boulders neither of my back tires were turning just the front so pretty sure clutch packs are shit ...anyway the used cases I'm seeing for sane have 20-40k more on them than the case I have which I'd rather not spend the time swapping just to do it again weeks later so looking to get a case that's rebuilt without having to pay $150-200 shipping

Does the 247 swap in? I have one from my WJ that was working when pulled. You can have it if it would work for ya. It's at my dad's place in Conifer.

Probably not a drop in, the Commander is the same era as the WK.

Ok wasn't sure. Thought the tranny was still the same but I'm not familiar with WKs at all.

Does the 247 swap in? I have one from my WJ that was working when pulled. You can have it if it would work for ya. It's at my dad's place in Conifer.

Thanks for the offer man . Yeah the 2006-2010 wK and xj with quadradrive 2 use the 245 it's electric shift . I need to meter the limited slip solenoids and the shift motor when my blue driver shows up I'll be able to see if clutch pack slippage codes exist for the case . I'll probably get a cheap used case put it in and keep my old one to rebuild unless I find a solid rebuilt unit that doesn't need shipped . The issue I have is all the used cases have more miles on them than my current case ...lol...I just want to do it once but atleast a case swap really is only a couple hour job even without a car lift .

Back