• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Options for rear axle shafts

BrianG

NAXJA Forum User
I am in need of a drivers side D44 Shaft, im searching around for a stock replacement, but I figure I would look around to see what else is available in case I cant find one. I called RR&P, and they gave me a quote of 183.

Who else should I check with to try for a lower price (this was an unexpected expense :mad: )?

Try Moser, they're pretty reasonable.

Assuming what I was told about TJ 44 shafts being the same as XJ 44 shafts, 4WD Hardware has Superior shafts for $109.95 a side.

As far as I know TJ shafts will work. Thanks for the heads up. That price sounds a little better :D Thanks.

But alas...the jeep gods seem to not like me today: Item out of stock

doh!

I'd be willing to bet that they're currently out of stock because the pair they had at the begining of the week is currently sitting in my garage ;) Keep in mind that in addition to the shaft you will need a seal and bearing, as well as the retainer plate and lug studs. $183 dosen't seem too unreasonable if the shaft comes with these, and everything is pressed on.

HTH,
Bryan

I'd advise to hold out for the Superior shafts, or get Moser or Dutchman. I have seen pix and heard tales of the Yukon shafts that were not very flattering.

bbaker80 said:
I'd be willing to bet that they're currently out of stock because the pair they had at the begining of the week is currently sitting in my garage ;) Keep in mind that in addition to the shaft you will need a seal and bearing, as well as the retainer plate and lug studs. $183 dosen't seem too unreasonable if the shaft comes with these, and everything is pressed on.

HTH,
Bryan
I'd prefer the bare shaft, cause I need to put on my 'custom' retainer plate, cause I'm doing ZJ discs.

oh, and you suck :D ;).

Back