• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Springs ROPXJ35.0

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I came upon a set yesterday at a Pull-Your-Part. They seem to be relatively new and in good condition. A web search indicated they are Rusty's offering and provide about 3" of lift. Is anyone here using them? What are the negatives if I were to install them on the XJ?

I am running an old set.

Another member gave them to me because the bushings are smaller than the stock XJ bushings and (back then) had lasted less than a year. In all fairness, Rubicon Express used the same bushing, with the same results.

I pressed new bushings when I installed them in 2015. After driving it like I stole it, and working it like a truck, I found the overloads had cracked, and one of the replacement bushings looked a little sketchy. After replacing all of them this year, only one showed tearing at the steel center sleeve.

Ride-wise, I have no complaints. Rusty's springs are said to be soft, and these did seem to flex well off road.

attachment.php

Back