• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

c53876997e3968e7799679acde35d8ab.jpg

I now own this...

mac ‘fire pit’ gyvr

Property taxes are so variable it's impossible to make generalizations. I'm sure there are areas in Illinois outside of Cook and surrounding counties that have relatively low taxes.
We're paying about 3 times as much for our still-considered-vacant 1.125 acre lot as we are for our 20 acres south of Bowie, AZ.

I don't look at any tires just considering if they will get me to the grocery store and back. Gotta be at least H speed rated in case I'm ever chased by terrorists or high speed zombies, on the way to or from the grocery store.

That firepit is awesome!
Is it a chamfered dodecahedron or a truncated rhombic triacontahedron ?

John its metal...

7e59664ac50c3f26dba5cb89abcd2452.jpg

In other news the “too much red” dash is gone in my Gladiator...

mac ‘easier on the eyes’ gyvr

Red dash panels just sold on ebay for $50 more than I paid for the gray ones...

mac 'getting paid to upgrade' gyvr

Drove the jeep home today from my sister's. Holy cow is this thing soft and tall, but it should be held together JUST enough to make it into the quarry this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ready for elections to be over!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Me too! The election ads are starting to go up at work and while they pay for costs at work including my pay, I hate them.

Random picture from phone, night view from our deck

a8019d81199f8d7742a464fabc1583a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Been raining since yesterday since we left the Badlands. Can't wait to pick up my own trailer so I can stop renting and having to return sketchy trailers.

On the plus side, figured out the jeep a lot more, especially with the hand throttle and got to hang out with Rewster Sam and Chuck all morning. Then we found Wade and Rob over in the quarry, tooled around, and Chuck broke. Overall a great weekend, now just gotta make a new list and start cranking out some progress to get jeep ready for WF

ac4650ed6db63f64585858338c4b9550.jpg

Last edited:
That was a good day. Sucks we couldn't stay and camp. Me and Sam went to that jeep show afterwards, I challenged the hellcat gladiator to a burn out competition but he wasn't going for it, it was getting shipped out to the barret Jackson auction the next day or something like that.

Been raining since yesterday since we left the Badlands. Can't wait to pick up my own trailer so I can stop renting and having to return sketchy trailers.

On the plus side, figured out the jeep a lot more, especially with the hand throttle and got to hang out with Rewster Sam and Chuck all morning. Then we found Wade and Rob over in the quarry, tooled around, and Chuck broke. Overall a great weekend, now just gotta make a new list and start cranking out some progress to get jeep ready for WF
ac4650ed6db63f64585858338c4b9550.jpg

need to gee that header panel protected.....or narrow it. looks good.

need to gee that header panel protected.....or narrow it. looks good.
Hmm.... Narrowing never crossed my mind. I did crunch that drivers turn signal on a tree, but I just didn't have time to finish the bumper before this trip. I have a new header panel and fenders to go on soon, this one was literally held on by 2 nuts and zip ties. Should be adding some tube this weekend with any luck

I've seen them, just seems like a bit more work than I want. I will be stretching the front a bit and doing TNT inner fenders.

We missed the 21st...

So, happy 10-22...

The Veep is in town here today...

mac 'hopefully stays quiet' gyvr

23..24...25th im here. Cleaned the soda cans and water bottles out of the jeep yesterday from the last wheeling trip. Vacuumed the badlands dirt and some rust out of it and made a cardboard taillight that I hope I can transfer to scrap metal at work one of these days.

Back