• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission mount

Seems like the Mopar mount is getting hard to find. Crown has a mount, and their parts are generally good quality, but I'm concerned about their trans mount because so many of the other mounts out there are garbage. SFR is available with the ultra soft urethane. Wondering if anyone else has tried the SFR mount with the ultra soft urethane or has tried the Crown trans mount. My XJ does have to haul family around on the street, so keeping NVH minimal is desirable.

SFR mount is now installed on my '00 XJ. There is a definite increase in cabin noise and vibration. The vibration increase is very mild, intermittent, and primarily at certain idle conditions. The cabin noise is consistent and increases with vehicle speed. Its a little harder to participate in a conversation while driving on the highway, but the XJ is still much more quiet at highway speed than my fairly heavily modified Evo 9. Overall, I think the mild increase in noise and vibration is an very reasonable tradeoff for having a bomb-proof trans mount. I think a good trans mount is more important than the motor mounts because it plays a major in keeping the motor+trans from moving forward and backward. It the motor mounts tear, the SFR mount will keep motor from lurching into the radiator.

Just replaced my nearly worn out motor mounts with Brown Dog Rubber and tranny mount with SFR soft. Definite increase in vibration at idle while in drive & reverse.... I now have to track down some new cabin vibrations. While moving or in park/neutral...I don't really notice any difference from what I had before.

I just put the Stinkyfab motor and trans mounts in my 97 and it's a world of difference. A little bit of vibration at idle but that's expected with a stiffer mount. Had awful drivetrain vibration before and it's all gone. Highly recommend. Did have to trim the motor mount on driver side but they disclose that on their website. Yes they are poly mounts but the vibrations are not much more than the stock rubber mounts at idle and are identical if not smoother while under load.

My '89 2 door Sport was also in need of a better transmission mount so I stepped up and bought SFR engine and transmission mounts. I installed the transmission mount one evening and test drove it. The vibrations were really bad at idle, you could also feel the vibrations through the accelerator pedal at 60 mph. On a positive note, the mount did help to corrected the transfercase/pinion angle issue. Drove it to work and it sucked. The next evening I replaced both engine mounts and modded the drivers side with a die grinder and it was somewhat better at idle and while driving. After 2 weeks of vibrations, I researched and found that 2nd Generation GM F body rear leaf spring bushings are close enough to work. They are slightly thicker in diameter at 1.58" verse 1.5". I removed the mount and in 20 minutes of cutting, drilling, sanding and able to reused the metal sleeve and their now an all rubber version of the poly mounts. It has reduced all the vibrations by at least 50% to me and it was worth the effort for my Daily Driver. I just wanted to share my modification to a great product.

If your interested the all rubber bushings, I used Moog K6560, $17 for 4 bushings on Amazon.

Back