• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

When you ask a detailed analysis of blurry pic, pic is taken by a patato

Looks like you need a little hotter welder, that material is really thick for a 110 welder.....you may have enough on there for it to stay but the way the welds are rounded over it looks to me like there isn’t much penetration.

I know that if you can see anything round of mine sticking out, there's not much penetration.......

Warning long post but an interesting one.

What a mess of a week! Wednesday I get a call from a hospital in Florida, my dad went in for an MRI due to curable cancer and had an allergic reaction to the contrast meds. Code blue, revived him and sent to the ICU, I got the call to have a PICC line installed. Booked a 6:30 flight at 5pm, did a “little” over the speed limit to the airport, ran thru the airport and got on the plane with 5 minutes to spare (no joke). Missed the connection due to storms in Atlanta, so I got bumped onto the next flight, which was delayed until 1am, got to Tampa at 2ish and the hospital at around 3am. Slept on one of those terrible hospital chairs.

Got his shit all figured out and finally discharged on Friday afternoon, which I was surprised at. Driving his 97 Dakota (he is cheap, been putting off a new vehicle) with no A/C back to his house an hour away it starts having problems. So Saturday morning a make trips to the local car dealers to look at leases for him and we ended up on a Mazda CX-5 for a good deal. Sporty looking, high enough for him to get in and out of and reliable enough for him to drive back and forth to Tampa for treatment with, not to mention working A/C. Did legal paperwork today with him and relaxed a little. Fly home tomorrow.

I need some wheeling therapy!

All you old farts, get yourself checked out by the doctors regularly!

Post from Florida!

Good work Andy. Even if impromptu and ugly circumstances, sounds like things are better and you got to see him on Father's day.

Glad they got him figured out, my father had a similar issue with allergic reaction to meds from his cancer treatment and was in ICU at one point three years ago. He was just across town, not jumping on a plane. I got to spend the day with him yesterday.

mac 'Happy Father's day to all!' gyvr

Anyone know what kind of trouble I can get in to putting in a pool without a permit? City of bourbonnais is pretty ridiculous with all the rules.

2b80914aad92e35b2e3c4555d663ea89.heic

Building a 30 to survive 35s...

mac ‘more moab prep’ gyvr

Behind a fence? Can it be seen?

Yea its behind a fence. I'm at a constant cross between being a law abiding citizen and **** the government. The neighbors say the city code enforcer lives down the street.

So, I guess I haven't been here since Redbird trip(thanks Matt for calling to make sure I was alive). I hit a tree and bent my lower control arm brackets at Redbird. Worst part is that is was on way out, done for the day.

The Chuck Wagon has been on jack stands since I got back:

The neighbors think I am weird(course I have never met so many of em before).

While tearing it apart I found the short side axle shaft had 3 missing caps, not sure how it didn't break.

Bought some spicer joints and some clayton offroad lower control arm brackets.

Welded the LCA mounts on and will weld the caps on the new ujoints.

Now I am not a professional welder(not a very good amateur one neither). So any thoughts on how to do it better?

I am thinking I need a shake down run before I haul it down to Harlan. Anyone wanna do a day trip to Bundy or Rouch next weekend?

Whoo Hoo, the Chuck wagon is mobile again. Hope my amateur welds hold:

Anyone know what kind of trouble I can get in to putting in a pool without a permit? City of bourbonnais is pretty ridiculous with all the rules.

Well not to rain on your parade, but I know a guy who put in a pool with out a permit. A neighbor kid climbed in it and drowned, he is now completely broke.
I would not do it if you live in the city limits.

Well not to rain on your parade, but I know a guy who put in a pool with out a permit. A neighbor kid climbed in it and drowned, he is now completely broke.
I would not do it if you live in the city limits.

I'm jumping through the hoops. Just cranky because I have to pay the government to tell me what I can put on my own property. The electrical guy came out and told the wife that our gfci outlets were not working properly. So I went and picked up a gfci fault tester and everything is working fine. Now its another 50 bucks to get him back out.

Back